Phillies season 8

Started by MURP, September 01, 2005, 09:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

PhillyGirl

I shall repeat it here:

Chase Utley is Pedro's daddy.

:evil
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

i think Chase will be a .300 avg, 30 HR guy every year, especially in that ball park.  he's going to be a stud for many years.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

He'll fade into oblivion just like every other young promising Phillie. Or he'll start hating the city and force his way out.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

On Myers:

I wouldn't proclaim him an ace yet.  He's by far the Phils' best pitcher, but that's like saying I'm the skinny one in my family.  :D

On Utley:

[self-aggrandizement]Who was talking up Mr. Utley in the beginning of the season?[/self-aggrandizement]  8)

My man Chase Utley!

BigEd76

Utley = starting All-Star 2B for the next 10 years  :evil

MDS

Bell gets a bases loaded single. 2-0 Phillies.  :-D
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

shtein forgot they were on.

Bell...lmfao
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Lieber gets 'em 1-2-3 in the first. Losers are headed to the series.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on September 01, 2005, 01:22:28 PM
Bell gets a bases loaded single. 2-0 Phillies.  :-D

This combined with Lieberthal hitting the go-ahead homer last night could implode the universe.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 01, 2005, 01:35:53 PM
Quote from: MDS on September 01, 2005, 01:22:28 PM
Bell gets a bases loaded single. 2-0 Phillies. :-D

This combined with Lieberthal hitting the go-ahead homer last night could implode the universe.

It did cost me $20 as I had bet a friend that the Eagles would win a championship before Loserthal had a meaningful hit in a meaningful game.  I thought it was a sure thing. 

PhillyGirl

Cripes, listening to Wheeler makes me want to throw up.

PhillyGirl

Did Charlie just get thrown out again? What the farg?

PhillyGirl

They threw out Milt Thompson?

SunMo

i am listening to the Mets broadcast on my XM radio, those guys are really good.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.