Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i dont understand how tiger can treat everyone from his family to the fans like utter garbage for 20 years but yet still remain insanely popular

people are so dumb
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

You can't understand how someone can be idolized for his astounding professional accomplishments while simultaneously being an awful person?

MDS

maybe im different but especially for golf where its all about the person...but i cant root for unmitigated disasters

tiger wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire but hes really good at golf so im supposed to get on my knees for him? have some self respect
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Do you have any idea what he went through for the last 20 years?   The death threats... the racism... being professionally ostracized because of his being better than everyone else?  His best friend was a white guy who's 20 years older than he is.  That's how bad he was treated by his so-called peers.  You know exactly the sort of snotty country club dicks I'm talking about.  Truly awful people.

Look, I have no doubt he was an icehole to women and pretty much everyone else but considering what he endured, I'd say it's a miracle he's not worse. 

Plus by all accounts, he's changed as a person. 

QB Eagles

People aren't simply admiring his talent. It's easy to do that without rooting for someone. They are rooting for him and choosing to totally ignore that he's an awful person.

Meanwhile the same people will hate Tom Brady and LeBron. Human psychology is strange.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on August 12, 2018, 06:27:06 PM
Do you have any idea what he went through for the last 20 years?   The death threats... the racism... being professionally ostracized because of his being better than everyone else?  His best friend was a white guy who's 20 years older than he is.  That's how bad he was treated by his so-called peers.  You know exactly the sort of snotty country club dicks I'm talking about.  Truly awful people.

Look, I have no doubt he was an icehole to women and pretty much everyone else but considering what he endured, I'd say it's a miracle he's not worse. 

Plus by all accounts, he's changed as a person.

read the book that just came out about him...its pretty farging thorough

yes he experienced some shtein and yes his parents royally farged him up but he had 1000 different chances over the course of his adult life to not be a complete icehole. didnt happen.

im sure hes "changed." keep telling yourself that.

Rome

He just shot a 64 on Sunday at a Major.  I don't care if he fingered your cat on Passover.  He's the GOAT.

PhillyPhreak54

I love watching him play and golf is better when he's on his game

I loved watching Mike Tyson too and he was an awful person

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 12, 2018, 06:32:44 PM
They are rooting for him and choosing to totally ignore that he's an awful person.

hes actually a great person unless you are a fake christian then maybe you have a problem with him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Not any kind of Christian. I'll try to remember what a great person Tiger is the next time he's teeing up with Trump.

ice grillin you

ooooh he cheated on his wife and doesn't suck up to the media

worst person ever!!!

MDS

did you read the book on him? hes a colossal dick who treated everyone around him like garbage

is he a rapist like tyson? probably not, most of his shtein was consensual or implicationed.

Rome

I think you're missing the headline here.  Tiger's comeback is verging on the mythical. 

Huge promise fulfilled.  A staggering fall from grace.   Unbearable physical trauma and the resulting agonizing pain which left him incapacitated are eventually overcome.  And now a professional and personal redemption that has left him respected, loved and cheered at every turn.

Even a Republican racist piece of shtein like Jim Nance was cheering for him yesterday.   

It's quintessentially American, dude. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 13, 2018, 11:09:38 AM
I think you're missing the headline here.  Tiger's comeback is verging on the mythical. 

Huge promise fulfilled.  A staggering fall from grace.   Unbearable physical trauma and the resulting agonizing pain which left him incapacitated are eventually overcome.  And now a professional and personal redemption that has left him respected, loved and cheered at every turn.

Even a Republican racist piece of shtein like Jim Nance was cheering for him yesterday.   

It's quintessentially American, dude.

he's mean tho

Rome

Tigers can definitely change their stripes.