Super Bowl 54 Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 19, 2020, 10:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

The best match up that we could've had. The game opened at PK at some places and ranged up to -2.5 KC in others.

I'd like to see Andy win this. But if SF controls that line like they did today they've got the recipe to keeping the KC offense off the field.

But KC can score so fast they could negate that advantage.

Initial lean would be to take KC

QB Eagles

2.5 seems crazy to me, I'll pound the Niners if it settles there. KC is better at very few positions other than QB and WR#1. That said Mahomes is about the best weapon you can have, his improvisational skills cancel out Reid's gameday deficiencies. Feels like it should be a PK or +/-1 game.

Both Shanahan and Reid have some Super Bowl demons to exorcise.

MDS

last year you had 2 memorable ccg's and a trash super bowl

this year you have 2 forgettable ccg's and what should be a really good super bowl

with a line that small i will not go against mahomes. hes the best player on the planet. this is andy's time leggo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

if andy couldn't get philly one i don't want him to ever get one.  go jimmy g.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on January 20, 2020, 02:27:44 PM
if andy couldn't get philly one i don't want him to ever get one.

he could barely get them an nfcc

i didnt realize andys not dead son the one who was waving a gun out his car at random drivers in conshy is the chiefs linebacker coach...white privilege is strong in the nfl
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Ever work for a company where the boss' farg up kid is on staff? 

it sucks
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on January 20, 2020, 04:48:30 PM
Ever work for a company where the boss' farg up kid is on staff? 

it sucks

Nepotism doesn't exist in the government. 

phattymatty

O/U on longest penalty of the game is 15.5.  Seems like an over lock.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on January 20, 2020, 07:09:41 PM
O/U on longest penalty of the game is 15.5.  Seems like an over lock.

hard to imagine theres been an nfl game this year that didnt have a PI call over 15.5 yards...if not two

MDS

QuoteThere was an average of 8.84 Defensive Pass Interference penalties per team league wide

average PI was 16.36 yards.

so its basically 50/50 if one is called and if it is itll be over 15
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

I don't have the stats on this but feel like they usually put away the PI flags for the SB. They'd rather err on the side of no call and hope no one notices. Gilmore got away with a bad one late in the 4th quarter last year.

PhillyPhreak54

I agree.

That's looking like a trap line. See 15.5 and have the refs shteintiness on their minds and hit it and then they end up swallowing the flags.

SF is a good defense and may be able to keep Hill somewhat confined without getting grabby

One of my fave prop bets is to look at longest FG. There's been a few instances where the game features kickers who routinely bomb 50yd kicks and the line would be something like o/u 44.5

Munson

Last year was the first year I did prop bets (though I might have on Bodog back in the day before It was banned) and I put $100 down on Burkhead for first TD since he scored a bunch in the AFC chip from short yardage and the odds were +1800 I think. Low and behold, Gronk gets tackled inside the 5 and they...hand it off to Sony Michel. Boo.

Gonna run down to Delaware Park and try again this year.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

The word "gambler" is synonymous with "sucker."  Y'all fools.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger