Network question

Started by Zanshin, March 15, 2007, 03:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Hi.  I originally posted this in the Video Games thread, but it's really more of a network question than a game question...so, here it goes:

I'll throw this out there to anyone who has a thought about it:

Suddenly, my PS2 stopped being able to connect online.  No idea why.  So, I deleted the online configuration, and tried to do a new one.  For some reason, the "auto detect" options are no longer working (it used to).  When I input the IP and DNS information manually, I'm able to successfully complete the online test on the config screen, but when I try to use Madden online, I get hung up at the DNAS screen, and finally get a -603 network error.

I called Sony and EA, and they were useless.  Told me to open ports, blah, blah, blah (which I never had to do before); trying that also didn't work.  Same result.  -603 error.

I even reset my router (linksys) to the default settings to scope it out, and no dice.

Anyone here have any ideas?

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's interesting that you always talk about how you're too busy to have a life because of your kid, but you're all concerned about playing your video games online.

Throw the PS2 in the garbage and move on.

Zanshin

Well, that's why I didn't have a ton of patience for fixing it.  I get online pretty seldom-- but the fact that it's broken is really annoying me.

I can't justify chucking the PS2, because I don't play enough to justify dropping $ on anything else.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Zanshin on March 15, 2007, 03:55:22 PM
I can't justify chucking the PS2, because I don't play enough to justify dropping $ on anything else.

Why would you have to replace it?

Zanshin

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 15, 2007, 03:52:49 PM
Throw the PS2 in the garbage and move on.

I don't.  But that was your suggestion.

PoopyfaceMcGee

My suggestion was to stop being a slave to your video game system and to instead occupy your time racking up posts on :CF, obviously.  C'mon, man.  I never said anything about replacing it with another gaming system.

Zanshin

Ahh.  Are those points redeemable?

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm too drunk to follow what you're trying to say.

hbionic

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 15, 2007, 05:07:15 PM
I'm too drunk to follow what you're trying to say.

There's no way you're drunk, your spelling has been flawless.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PoopyfaceMcGee

I don't fake it a la Munson, and I'm not legally retarded a la stillupfront.