Urge to Punch People

Started by Zanshin, September 01, 2005, 01:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

I worked from home yesterday, and was feeling pretty good at the end of the day.  It was too steamy outside to play, but the kid was bored, so before dinner I figured I'd take him to the mall around the corner to let him run around and throw some pennies in the fountain.

Anyway, I'm walking in the mall and I see this average dude in his mid-20's maybe walking in our direction.  He gets a little closer, and I realize he's wearing his golf-T with the collar pulled up as straight as it will go. 

Sure, he looked like a total tool.  But I seriously wanted to punch him in the face for it.  I'm not sure why...but I reaaaallly did.

rjs246

You should have done it. Or possibly pushed him into traffic.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mussa

i hate faggy dudes who rock the collars up....abercrombie ass painters
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyGirl

I asked this earlier in the summer. When the farg did the 1982 style of wearing a polo shirt collar UP come back?

Its TERRIBLE. Unless you're playing golf and are protecting your neck from the blazing sun, put the collar down or get the farg out of my face.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Oh snap! PG's getting tough on that ass.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Thats why I joined the anti-popping collar coalition at temple university on facebook. Cant take the tools.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Quote from: MDS on September 01, 2005, 01:36:33 PM
Thats why I joined the anti-popping collar coalition at temple university on facebook.

Cant take the tools.

I joined the anti-popping collar coalition at temple university

I joined the anti-popping collar coalition at temple university

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I just laughed so much I think I peed a little.

T_Section224

Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Wingspan

tem minutes laughing :-D

farg thats funny
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MDS

so im tool for joining an anti-popping collar coalition on facebook?  :(

its a group and it takes two seconds to click. its nothing, theres like 600 members. its not an actual group/coaltion. its on facebook.

still, farg you  :-*
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

I liked what this guy wrote about the group....thats on facebook and not actually real.

QuoteThe Temple University chapter in this organization is involved in promoting the values of "keepin it real" a Dave Chappelle group. We are involved in ridiculing people that pop their collars because they think they are "hot" or "cool" for doing it. We think collar popping needs to stop. We encourage mock popping of the collar and mocking people with popped collars in an organized manner.

If you see an individual who appears to have popped their collar, remember not to react violently and to allow yourselves a few seconds to diagnose the situation. The perpitrator may be himself the victim of insufficient time spent preparing himself for the day or an early class.

Remember, as members of the Anti-popping Collar Coalition, we hate the sin, not the sinner. Please do not think that this implies that those who pop their collars are not douchbags, just most of them.

If you encounter someone popping their collar, please do what you can to try to understand their past and what events might have caused them to carry out such ridiculous action on themselves. Many such people have never learned to dress themselves, and having had their moms dress them up all their lives feel like the only way for them to rebel is to exercise the option.

If some you know has popped their collar, please try to approach them in a non-confrontational manner. If they seem to have done so intentionally, listen first and try to understand their story. Human beings are complicated creatures and must be understood on a case by case basis. However, as soon as you realize said human being is a douchebag, you have a sacred commitment you must honor; give him a heavy blow to the face and realize that in depriving him of consciousness, you have done him a favor.