The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Grading projects the last two nights.  It was a 15-event timeline of events leading to the Revolution.  Students had to have exact date, analysis of the event and its importance towards the Revolution, and a picture.

I have 150 8th graders, mainly "advanced" and aiming for the high-end programs in high school.

15 of them straight up copied and pasted from the internet.  Mainly Wikipedia.  Didn't even change a word.

General_Failure

Print out copies of the wiki articles and just hand those back to them.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Tomahawk

What kind of fool gets a bobblehead doll of himself and his car

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i love how they casually drop this in the story as an afterthought...

The 36-year-old is also accused of having sex with an animal and cruelty to animals.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

https://homicides.news.baltimoresun.com/victim/3612/

This man was the father of two kids in the school my children attend.  His daughter is in my son's class.  The father was in studies for his Masters degree, held some kind of straight job.  He was always well dressed, clearly loved his kids.  The little girl is one of the brightest faces in the class.  She's smart and sweet and funny. 

Now she's got no father on some exceedingly stupid and meaningless shtein, whatever it was.  Bad luck.  A dope habit no one new about and bad luck.  Visiting friends in a bad neighbhorhood, I don't know.  Dude wasn't in the game I'm reasonably sure.  I think what he did wrong was be black in Baltimore.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Evil.  Pure, unabashed, unadulterated EVIL.

I hope karma fargs him up real good.