Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on November 09, 2019, 09:04:20 AM
Is there a show you'd pay to see?  I'll always see Pearl Jam no questions asked. 

Not many any longer, no.  Used to be you'd go to a club and it wasn't a PTA sanctioned social at a movie-theatreesque venue pushing Heineken from six bars.  There was blood and smoke and someone was getting pregnant.  Now, it's parents in 42W/30L dockers leading a phone-mesmerized teenager around under the well-designed lighting. 

But off the top of my head:

I'd spill my own blood to see Fugazi if they ever play together again.
I'll travel hundreds of miles to see Shellac. 
I'd pay good money to see Ry Cooder.
If Double Dagger ever played together again I'd try to see that show.
Never seen the Coup, would love to see them.  (RIP Pam)  Don't know if they are still playing out.
Willis Alan Ramsey would be worth going out of my way for but that's fantasy.  David Bromberg can be hit or miss but with a full band on a high energy night he's fantastic.  I think those days are done for him though. 
McLusky are long gone but if they played together again that would be worth paying money to see.  Mission of Burma still play and are good, worth money. 
Baroness is too expensive...not paying $80 to see a farging prog metal band I don't care how good they are.  The Sword would be fun but farg the crowds at festivals.  If they wanted to come East, I'd enjoy seeing Squalus perform "The Great Fish."  That would likely be a very small show.  farg people.

So yeah, there are some acts worth my time and money.   
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Got tickets to see TOOL Monday 🤟

SD

Saw the Dropkick Murphys and the Misfits with Danzig last night. Both bands were badass

PhillyPhreak54

I took the old lady to Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas concert tonight for her birthday. They put on a really good show.

Diomedes

The old lady?  You have a woman now?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

No, he just kidnapped an old lady named Gertrude. She's got the Stockholm Syndrome now.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on December 23, 2019, 08:00:19 AM

I have pix of her.  Check your IM. 

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 23, 2019, 12:31:40 AM
I took the old lady to Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas concert tonight for her birthday. They put on a really good show.

Took Baby's momma to see them in 2008. You've been forewarned

PhillyPhreak54

Lol we have been together for 18mo's now.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: AO1 on December 23, 2019, 10:47:41 AM

Oh shtein. That doesn't bode well. She's exhibited no crazy genes yet tho

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on December 23, 2019, 09:20:02 AM
No, he just kidnapped an old lady named Gertrude. She's got the Stockholm Syndrome now.

Just wait until she gets the 54 jersey as a gift!

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on December 23, 2019, 09:48:46 AM

I have pix of her.  Check your IM.

Lol hope they're good ones!

Diomedes

I expect to get a photo of a woman in a five-fo jawn posing beside a fox body mustang parked in Houston/a strip mall, same difference.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 23, 2019, 03:12:44 PM
Quote from: AO1 on December 23, 2019, 10:47:41 AM

Oh shtein. That doesn't bode well. She's exhibited no crazy genes yet tho

They're all farging nuts dude

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on December 23, 2019, 05:26:09 PM
I expect to get a photo of a woman in a five-fo jawn posing beside a fox body mustang parked in Houston/a strip mall, same difference.

Can it be a 2019 GT? No more Fox body for me lol