DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 07, 2010, 05:13:55 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 07, 2010, 04:56:55 PM
Pretty much. And you can add in the fact that Terence Newman is a shell of himself and gets beat more than MDS beats his pud.

When Newman limped off the field they put Alan Ball in. With Pimp lined up across from him. They should have taken a shot there.

He needs time to throw, and most of the pressure came from the R side, thanks for Fat Jean Gilles and Justice getting beat. Cole played pretty well and anchored down against Ratliff. Peters was pretty good against Ware and Herremans is always pretty solid.

Its all on MJG (pimp tight) and Justice to step up Saturday.

the line was not great but to be fair donovan needs to stop panicing...i dont know whats gotten into him the last couple years (maybe the injuries got him shook)...he was never great against the blitz but he use to stand in there really well...now he stars getting all loonie way to early...

1. feet start flying everywhere like hes doing the damn river dance
2. brings the ball down
3. head starts going all exorcist

if he does get a throw off its normally a howitzer that he either tries to throw thru the turf or 15 feet over someones head because hes squeezing the life out of the ball

settle the farg down spaz

I agree. And it's gotta be the injures plus the fact it takes him a tad bit longer to get moving so he has to pull it down earlier.

shorebird

Quote from: shorebird on December 20, 2009, 08:39:10 PM
With 1,087yds. he is 13th on the all time list for Eagles recievers in a season and with two games left he should pass TO's 1,200 to get in the top 5 and has an outside chance at #1 Harold Carmichael's 1,409.

Well I guess I cursed the Pimp with that post, but still, even with playing the crappyest back to back games he's ever played, he still ended up with 1167 yds., that ties him for 9th in the league with V. Jackson and H. Ward,  and 9 tds. His 18.5 yards per catch avg. is tops in the NFL.

Sgt PSN

good for him.  maybe now he'll go out and sting someone's ass at the probowl. 

PhillyGirl

he looked slow. Anyone know how injured his groin was for the last game and a half?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

NC_Eagle

Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

Father Demon

Negative article on Jackson spurning first USC over a jersey number, Cal over him slipping to the 2nd round, and now possibly the Eagles over a contract renegotiation attempt this off season.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Rome

uncapped season = give him whatever he wants.

problem solved.

Sgt PSN

so according to that article, a blue chip hs athlete grew up to be a self serving, arrogant douchebag.  totally news worthy. 

for the record, i don't like desean jackson one bit.  i think he needs to stfu and never say anything publicly because the few times he's opened his mouth, he's ended up looking like a jackass.  but i love his skill on the football field so as long as he doesn't follow in t.o's foot steps and become a cancerous attention whore, then i could give a damn about what goes on inside of his stupid head. 

reese125

he shouldnt speak in public period

irritates the shtein of me (more-so that hes on the eagles)  that hes been through that much schooling, but refuses to correctly speak the english language...and Im not talking about text messaging. its even more embarrassing when youre a superstar...but like I said...he can do whatever he wants on the field so long as he brings it

phattymatty

Pimp is hosting a party at a club in DC tonight, I might go just to be near him.

PhillyPhreak54

So the gist of the article is that he was/is/going to be a knucklehead....

The whole announce your school thing, I notice that the writer did not point out that a lot of players say their high schools or just their home towns.

The whole jersey number thing - stupid and petty, yes. But he was an 18yr old kid. I think pettiness and immaturity can be excused and even expected at that age.

The contract thing - pay his ass.

Dillen

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 14, 2010, 03:45:40 PM
The whole announce your school thing, I notice that the writer did not point out that a lot of players say their high schools or just their home towns.
It's not like Cal Poly is some random ass high school either. That football program has been right up there with De La Salle as the best high school programs in the nation for a long time. Especially when Desean went, those dudes were ridiculous. Off the top of my head, they had pimp, Winston Justice, Marcedes Lewis, Darnell Bing, Manny Wright (when he was relevant), and Hershel Dennis all at the same time. I think Antoine Cason might've been there too.