DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

I don't hate the guy at all. He's an awesome receiver.

Maybe his fargtardedness doesn't beat out Marshall and Lett, but it certainly rivals it. If you disagree with that, which you undoubtedly do, you have to admit it's one the most stupid things.

JackStraw

Gus Frerotte head-butts concrete wall. Excellent taterskins moment.

The solemn looks  and tut-tutting around here from insufferable Cal Bear fans that DJ let-up and "took his foot off the gas" after Cal was eliminated from any meaningful Bowl contention was a bit of a flag to me on draft day - more than the other stuff. But he seems fully intent on proving those idiots wrong.
Endless regression to the mean

Rome

I just disagree that Jackson's flub is historical in context.  Wrong Way Marshall... that's historical.  It's still talked about almost 40 years later.  Lett It Be... still talked about.  Until someone mentioned Jackson's goof I hadn't even thought about it since last year.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

Asante's INT return against the Browns on MNF was called a TD after he dropped the ball at the 1, so him picking it back up had nothing to do with the call on the field. As far as Jackson, Romey is right...its all about historical context. The play didnt even happen a year ago and still, the only people who still talk about it are Eagles fans.

And one more thing about Jackson...we all wanted a marquee receiver for the longest on this team. It finally looks like the team got one and all some of you want to talk about is one stupid play he made in his 6th quarter of professional football - it's ridiculous. I could care less about that play or his attitude; the guy excites me. Everytime I saw Donovan throw deep his way last year, I was thinking TD. Aside from Owens, this fanbase cant say that about a WR since Quick. 

In summary, Desean > You.

Rome

DH

Feva

I wasn't on here much yesterday, so when I logged on here this morning and saw new posts in this thread... I automatically thought the worst and figured Pimp got injured.  To my pleasant surprise, it was only a few idiots talking about a play of Pimp's that nobody has any business caring about anymore.  I got off to do some work and when I log back in, I hit the main site and what do I see?

"WR DeSean Jackson hyperextended his knee during Saturday's morning workout..."

farg... you... guys.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

DH

Sgt PSN

jackson dropping the ball before crossing the goal line is one the dumbest things i've ever seen on a football field.  even dumber than leon lett on turkey day vs miami.  why?  because holding on to the ball until you actually reach the endzone is pee wee league type shtein.  it's football 101.  lett on the other hand, probably got caught up in the heat of the moment and lost track of the situation.  it was dumb as farg, but when you're out on the field i guarantee at least half of us would do the same thing in that situation.  

the only reason that pimp's doesn't get the notoriety of some of the other dumb plays is because ultimately, it didn't cost the eagles the game (even though they still lost).  had they not been able to score from inside the 1 yd line or had westbrook gotten hurt diving in for the td, then it would be a completely different story.  

Feva

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 08, 2009, 11:20:21 AM
the only reason that pimp's doesn't get the notoriety of some of the other dumb plays is because ultimately, it didn't cost the eagles the game (even though they still lost).  had they not been able to score from inside the 1 yd line or had westbrook gotten hurt diving in for the td, then it would be a completely different story.  

Right... If PacMan or somebody fell on that ball, then Pimp would (and should) still be getting ripped by everyone and their mommas every time his name is mentioned.  But they didn't... and the Eagles scored on the very next play, so who gives a shtein??

If people can hang on that one play and call him dumb or stupid because of that one bad play, then I can turn around and call FredEx a great receiver because of a couple big plays he made while he was here.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

DH

Im pretty sure Desean got caught up in the moment too. It was what should have been his first NFL TD, on MNF, in Texas Stadium. Regardless, its irrelevant.

If that stupid play is the only complaint some of you people have about him, I'd call his rookie season an epic win.

DH

Quote from: EagleFeva on August 08, 2009, 11:28:29 AM
Right... If PacMan or somebody fell on that ball, then Pimp would (and should) still be getting ripped by everyone and their mommas every time his name is mentioned.

Huge LOL

Sgt PSN

i dont think he's a dumb player.  i just think he had a monumentally dumb moment.  lucky for him, it likely won't stick with him for the rest of his career because it wasn't a game/season altering mistake.