TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Coach was on the air for like 39 years.  People are dumb.

General_Failure

At least one of those shows will be Big Bang Theory levels of cringy, so there's that to look forward to.

Two years later, Netflix will quietly release an esports show about a house full of dudes in Seoul set in 1999. It will have no advertising and be cancelled after the first season.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on October 24, 2019, 03:01:02 PM
Coach was on the air for like 39 years.  People are dumb.

Jericho should've never been cancelled

MDS

i cant even begin to describe how terrible jericho was

and it had a 100% MAGA fan base
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

You're wrong again

General_Failure

Was that the one with the Cosby kid?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Jericho had hot chicks and Morgan from TWD. 

That wasn't enough.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 24, 2019, 03:58:04 PM
You're wrong again

it was a trumpers wet dream of a scenario...all the libtard cities get blown to smitherines and its up to the real americans and their 2A skills to take back this country back from the deep state

also it had skeet ulrich
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 23, 2019, 09:27:44 PM
Is watchmen some super hero shtein?

Yes and no. Vigilantes and one super human being, but as of right now he's living on Mars.

The show is set as a sequel, in a world where the vigilantes are outlawed but now the cops wear masks because of a white supremacist group that attacked black cops or something.

The show runner is Damon Lindelof of Lost/The Leftovers fame, so I am in.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

updated david simon rankings

1 the wire
2 show me a hero
3 the deuce
4 the corner
5 treme
6 generation kill

ice grillin you

homicide/treme are 2/3 in whatever order

show me a hero is four and the rest might as well not even exist and don't matter
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

homocide was not a david simon joint

he wrote the book on which it was based and penned an episode or two but he didnt showrun

Munson

Watchmen is still farging awesome
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

see ya mindhunter......there might be zero good shows currently on now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i've watched a few hbo shows over the last year - game of thrones and succession - but don't think i've even bothered to DVR anything on regular TV since the americans.