We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I'll be getting my third shot next month. Meanwhile, my boss is refusing to get his shots and won't wear his mask half the time, not counting his 17 smoke breaks, and spends all his time complaining that he can't go to concerts.

We're starting temperature checks again today.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on December 04, 2021, 09:07:39 AM
not counting his 17 smoke breaks, and spends all his time complaining that he can't go to concerts.

Lol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Got the third stick (as well as the flu vaccine) last week.  No reaction at all.

Of course, with Florida, masks are out, and now the students are back to eating face-to-face in the cafeteria.

Post-Christmas may be quite interesting.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

Quote from: Geowhizzer on December 16, 2021, 09:01:32 PM
Got the third stick (as well as the flu vaccine) last week.  No reaction at all.

Of course, with Florida, masks are out, and now the students are back to eating face-to-face in the cafeteria.

Post-Christmas may be quite interesting.

I got the Pfizer booster this week.  little arm soreness but haven't had any reaction to any of them.

Diomedes

Wife wants to take kids and 72 year old (healthy) MIL to sit down restaurant.... I'm vetoing the plan because omicron... We're all vaxxed but I'm spooked, don't want to get sick even if we are protected from serious illness

Am I being too cautious?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Your wife's a nurse and knows what's up. It's pretty likely that at this point she just wants to enjoy an evening out and/or capitulate to the nagging parents. If the kids have their shots, you can either let them go or start building a cabin in some remote woods.

phattymatty

I just spent a week at Hershey medical center, they are obviously good there but once you leave campus, there is not a mask to be seen in sight.  much different from where I live in dc. 

Munson

Quote from: Diomedes on December 18, 2021, 01:34:24 PM
Wife wants to take kids and 72 year old (healthy) MIL to sit down restaurant.... I'm vetoing the plan because omicron... We're all vaxxed but I'm spooked, don't want to get sick even if we are protected from serious illness

Am I being too cautious?

I don't think so. It's bad out there again.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Am I being too cautious?

Go for it. If you're all vaxxed you're good. Healthy 72 worst that happens is some sniffles.

MDS

Am I being too cautious?

its up to you...i personally just cannot live in this fear

ive got 3 shots ima do my thing. but you do you
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

I just don't see the worth in that risk. To eat out at a restaurant? Yawn.

If I'm risking it, I'm risking it for something that I can't do at home.

MDS

i dont really see it as a risk....its just normal shtein

going to a packed club in some maga hellhole can qualify as a risk
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I bought a chair today at a furniture store.  I wore a mask for the first time in weeks.  Not so much because it was required (it wasn't) but more because this was a small place, it was crowded and the store owner requested it. 

I'm triple-vaxxed.  Every person on my staff has gotten it now.  I'm getting it for sure but I reallllly don't want to die from it, so masking up again and keeping my distance otherwise. 

General_Failure

I've seen enough Pennsyltucky customers at work coughing, wiping their runny noses, then handing cashiers soggy money while their inbred kids run around touching everything and screaming. I'm sanitizing my hands every five minutes while I'm there, really enjoying all the papercuts every single time. I ain't going anywhere again without a mask, don't care what time of year it is or who else is there.