TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: General_Failure on October 28, 2021, 07:04:03 PM
Guys, the top five HBO shows are easy to figure out.

Game of Thrones
Mr Show
Dream On
Perversions of Science
Babar

not a terrible last, really. babar was the shtein back in the day
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

phattymatty

babar - is that one b or two b's?

one b - b-a-b-a-r

that's two b's

I thought you meant right next to each other.

phattymatty

So...Dexter is back?  I watched it back in day and didn't remember until I saw a commercial recently that he just sailed off at the end. 

SD

I watched the 3rd season of "You"...a truly awful show that has zesty endings

Succession - The Logan/Kendall scenes were great. Not sure why and I know he has the dirt but I think they're setting Greg up to take the fall.

CYE - Gonna call it Tap water cause it makes you wanna tap that ass

New season of Narcos dropped

SD

Narcos Mexico season 3: great finale for one of the best shows over the last decade.

SD

Not sure who still watches SNL but this was their opening last night. Couple good laughs

https://youtu.be/IAZKwuNvt8c

ice grillin you

unbelievably great performance in maid by margaret qualley...the show is great as well
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Impeachment was really good.  I obviously know the story but since I was in high school when it happened and doing rad things I never really paid much attention other than the fact that Clinton has an affair with an intern, the cigar, dress, etc.  basically whatever the news wanted me to know.  He was my hero at the time and still love the guy.  anyway it was really well done showing it from Monica's point of view, never took much time to think about how she was 22 years old at the time and dozens of personal calls of hers, illegally taped by a "friend" were just being played on the the network news shows. 

other than what she had to go through, the saddest part is that all of the terrible republicans who spent months wasting resources and going over specific details of blowjobs between two people, are still the people in power in the GOP 25 years later.  brett canavaugh, Ann Coulter, Matt drudge, George Conway, Laura ingraham all get a lot of face time.  Colby Smulders might get an award for playing Ann coulter, so good although too good looking for sure.

SD

Wheel of Time - 3 episodes in so far not bad. If you like the nerdy lord of the rings/GOT stuff this is right up your alley.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 16, 2021, 01:28:45 PM
unbelievably great performance in maid by margaret qualley...the show is great as well

ran through this this week, can confirm

i teared up multiple times, especially when she goes back to the dv shelter.

awaiting marginassi review
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on December 04, 2021, 11:58:21 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 16, 2021, 01:28:45 PM

ran through this this week, can confirm

i teared up multiple times, especially when she goes back to the dv shelter.

awaiting marginassi review

First I've ever heard of this show but your show recommendations are usually on point so it's going in the queue

SD

True Story - was told to watch because it's really Philly centric (it is). It's fairly average overall. I'm not a big Kevin Hart fan but I thought it'd be his story...it's not.

SD

Chestnut man - decent foreign serial killer drama on Netflix.

SD

Sinner season 4 - final season. Just like the others. Not a bad binge watch

Evil season 2 - great series. Katja Herbers is god damn sexy

Hawkeye - another entertaining Marvel series. Xmas theme fit perfect