Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Dune was good.  I had no idea it was only a part 1 so was pretty bummed when it ended like that.

SD

Promising young woman - decent movie, really heavy on the man hate. I thought of a script watching the movie. Instead of guys taking advantage of drunk women it's women cheating on their partners, filing for divorce, using their kids as pawns, manipulating the court system for child support and alimony and acting like the victim.

SD

Empty man - halfway decent horror flick worth the 2 hour time killer

SD

Ouija: Origin of evil - typical modern horror movie with a somewhat decent evil origin. Some decent jump scares

We summon the darkness - Alexandra Daddario is in it so thought might see some titties. 80's setting some funny parts but overall pass

The House on Haunted Hill og with Vincent Price - I like older horror movies but this one misses the mark

SD

Eternals - ehhhh...jumps around a lot. Some decent action scenes, a lot if racial, sexual and handicap diversity (the right will probably take offense and boycott). Star studded cast they don't do much with.  Interesting 2 cut scenes. They throw a lot of new at you in this movie. My daughter said it was her least favorite Marvel film ever. 2 kings of the north are in it.

SD

The Harder they Fall - great cast...Idris Elba plays the main antagonist. Different spin on a western, great opening. The middle gets really sloppy then a solid ending.

phattymatty

Shang Chi was great.  I imagine they will have an entire movie about the secret city, place was very cool.

I recently got a 70 or 75 inch TV and nothing has ever looked better, shtein looked 3D.

Rome

Saw No Time To Die on PPV.  It was ok.  Not worth risking Covid exposure over it in a theater which is kinda funny considering the plot.

The best part by a million miles was Ana De Armas.  I don't think the word has been created to describe how gorgeous she is.  And she was fantastic in the short time she appeared too.  Wouldn't be the worst thing if she became the new face of the series.

SD

SD

Ghostbusters Afterlife - not bad. If you liked the original this will appeal to you. Million times better than that god awful one with the women

ice grillin you

the power of the dog - jane campion hits it out of the park in her first movie in 12 years...an anti western it might move too slow for some but if you can fight thru it you will find a great hitchcockian ending

7.5/10

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

LA Confidential gets 99% on RT....I wanna hunt down and castrate the 1%
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Watched Last Duel this weekend.  I liked it more than I expected.  Comer is very good.

phattymatty

Silent Night - Christmas / apocalypse / comedy.  More psychological than scary.  Pretty solid and I love Keira Knightly.

phattymatty

Quote from: TAFKASD on November 16, 2021, 08:41:58 PM
New Spider-Man trailer

https://youtu.be/ZYzbalQ6Lg8

I'm torn on this.  Spiderman is my favorite MCU series and Dr. Strange is my least favorite.  At least we get Zendaya back.