Dead in 2023

Started by Diomedes, January 03, 2023, 01:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

:'(

Hope he was at least as happy as I am. 

I consider myself appropriately miserable but fundamentally content.

Happy glow effects of having a full tummy. a dry ass, and no reasonable fear of killers at me door, but I'll take it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

This one is a shocker

RIP Matthew Perry - dead at 54.

Apparent drowning let TMZ - in a hot tub. He'd been suffering from drug issues over the years.

Rome

I don't know if his demons finally took him out but it's a damn shame none the less.

Diomedes

Nothing particularly shocking about a drug addict dying.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

A lifetime of drug abuse fargs up your body.  No denying that.  He's just as dead regardless if he had a heart attack or a stroke.  Still a sad ending to a life cut way too short. 

Diomedes

Body does just fine with clean heroin.  Alcohol much worse for you.

Eagaholic

Dude, you need to get some cleaner alcohol.

phattymatty

I was watching Dateline NBC a few nights ago and Keith Morrison was doing his narrating thing - it was bothering me because I learned an interesting fact about him earlier in the week and couldn't remember what it was. Literally 20 min later my wife was like Matthew Perry died.  Then it clicked that's what I couldn't remember - Keith Morrison is (was) Matthew Perry's stepfather. 

Anyway, just a creepy coincidence I guess.

PhillyPhreak54

I never knew that. Morrison is the best at narrating those type of mystery shows.

Also TMZ continues to prove what scumbags they are by stalking Perry's parents and photoing them as they arrived at Perry's house.

phattymatty

Yeah SVU and Dateline are pretty much the only shows I've watched in the last decade.  Pretty farged up lol.

PhillyPhreak54

I haven't even watched the L&O's like I used to. Other than 2020, Dateline and occasional Shark Tank or Hell's Kitchen I don't think I have seen any network shows either.

Rome

I found this old show on HBO Max.  The Wire.  Have you guys heard of it?

PhillyPhreak54

No but I've heard I should watch it.

Any good?

PhillyPhreak54

Hoops coach Bobby Knight dead at 83

MDS

one of the most miserable human beings ever...a complete bully and vindictive icehole with one redeeming quality - for a short time period when dictatorial control over collegiate athletes was encouraged, he was a very good basketball coach
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.