I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

I've been on my employers wfh program for years.  Internet and phone gets paid as part of my office expenses.  I hate part time WFH's because they take the same viewpoint you're already gearing up for.  I was the same way when i first got the opportunity to work a day here and a day there.  Corporate wise, most are pulling away from it now despite the # of studies showing how well it works, the problems that arise from people abusing it ruin it for the masses. 

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Chameleon

The most productive women in my office works 4 days out of the week from home. She is a total outlier. Responds to emails in heart beat, always ahead of her work. Clients love her, 90% of them have no clue she isn't in the office everyday. She had a baby 3 years ago and has been doing the work from home thing ever since then.

I dated a girl that was working from home once and I wouldn't say that was a good deal for the company she was working for. The girl had the most dexterous little hands I have ever encountered. Great at typing insanely fast/playing the piano and doing other stuff.

Congrats on working from home IGGY. I am sure you will be equally as productive there.   

smeags

yep, ZERO chance gov. workers will ever milk the system much less announce they will on CF.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

I used to be outside sales which allowed some work from home days...I farging miss those days. Now unless they send me to a mill or different city's branch its all about the cubicle life.

Rome

If I wasn't so indifferent to the opinions of you shteinheads I might take offense at some of the anti-goverment wisecracks here.

I'm on vacation again today and I only have three more weeks of it left until the end of the year, so I'll just say bite me and move on.

smeags

spend my money well romey.

jerk.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

As usual I'll spend 90% of it on women and Irish whiskey and the rest I'll waste.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 11, 2014, 04:23:11 PM
I'm on vacation again today and I only have three more weeks of it left until the end of the year, so I'll just say bite me and move on.

same here....ive only taken two days of annual the whole year....got 18 days left to use before jan 1
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

LOL, Holy shtein guys.  You're the exact reason the tea party shteinheads go wild about government spending.  Enjoy it while you can.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on August 11, 2014, 12:35:30 PM
you're trying to work from home with your gf? calm down bro.

I requested Tuesday and Thursday...obviously

Diomedes

I haven't had a paid day off in what, 7 years, 8 years? 

It's the way to go.  No work, no pay.  But the flip side is, I don't owe anyone shtein.  You want me to do something, pay me, and we'll do it on my schedule.  Stay late?  Not for free, thank you.  Work weekends.?  It's gonna cost you a lot.

Fair and square.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

First day back from my 72-day weekend.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

72 days off...then 72 hour weeks for ten months.  Lucky you.

Also, we need a history thread.  And maybe a Civil War thread of its own too.

I'll get right on that.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 11, 2014, 05:22:49 PM
LOL, Holy shtein guys.  You're the exact reason the tea party shteinheads go wild about government spending.  Enjoy it while you can.

You realize the government is open for business whether I'm there or not, right?  We have roughly 240 operational days in my department and I get 10% of them off.  I don't have to take the time and I can allow it to accrue up to roughly 100 days before I start losing it.   And any time someone wants to try doing what I do or dealing with ignorant ass motherfargers who've never taken a civics class in their life, please, be my guest.  I guarantee you'll be singing a different tune once you've sat in my seat.

PS: Not ripping you here, dude.  Just dropping some knowledge for everyone's benefit.