I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phanatic

Sail around the world...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

rjs246

Travel, read, exercise, bone, drink, go back to school to study something interesting rather than something practical.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I'd like to learn how to sail ocean yachts.  I think being a captain of say an America's Cup team would be frigging awesome.  I'd also like to open up a bookstore/cafe/bar in Dublin.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Dublin, or Upper Dublin?

Rome

Seabiscuit36

I've sailed 50ft sailboats, its very challenging, but a great time.  Nothing like the Chesapeake Bay in September
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Phanatic

Being in the middle of the country I'd just take learning to sail at this point..
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

MadMarchHare

Get good enough at golf to get to the Nike tour.  Pros are too complicated.  Nike tour doesn't pay shtein, but you get to play golf for a living, change towns on a weekly basis, and eat out every night.  Sounds pretty good to me.
Anyone but Reid.

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Quote from: rjs246 on November 26, 2008, 03:01:03 PM
Travel, read, exercise, bone, drink, go back to school to study something interesting rather than something practical.

I'm realizing that this post was stupid.

Travel: I've already done a ton of that.
Read: I continue to do a ton of this.
Bone: I have sex.
Drink: Hahaha. Yes.

So really, I would just go back to school. Maybe I should just do that anyway.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

i've done a tone of reading as well...cheers
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

I already have my degree.  Therefore, I'm donne going to school.

rjs246

Quote from: SunMo on November 26, 2008, 08:09:01 PM
i've done a tone of reading as well...cheers

You're super.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Rome on November 18, 2008, 09:50:50 PM
I was driving home from the office today and realized that I'm a middle-aged man working in a sort of dead-end job making shtein wages and dealing with iceholes I can't stand, and I'll be doing that for at least the next 20 years.  If I'm lucky.

I'm with ya there. Maybe not shtein wages, but not stellar. I know I should feel lucky to be in a relatively good situation, but I find myself wondering what life would be like away from the grind. I've calculated what severance I'd get if they laid me off, and what I'd do with the cash (no, not hookers and blow). I certainly won't quit, but if I could get cut loose with even a mediocre parachute...well, I wouldn't cry about it.

shorebird

I'd really like to go to culinary school and learn how to cook like a chef. I luv eating, and I luv cooking. I like the looks on my kids faces when some recipe off of the internet makes them get that face like when your eating the first bite of your favorite dish. I'd never want to work in a restaraunt, or do it for a living, but there are days when I can spend most of my time in the kitchen, like when your cooking a pot of chili and you keep adding this and adding that, and stirring it while it simmers.

Today will be somewhat one of those days, when I get to deep frying the 22 lb. turkey.