I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

:-D :-D

Demon, if you need any info on Houston and the surrounding area shoot me a PM.

I moved here for the money and the girl. A win/win deal. :yay

Houston is a spread out city with about the shteintiest traffic on this planet. I would rather drive in NYC traffic all day versus this junk here. Hell, I'd rather drive in NYC traffic with MDS in the passenger seat yammering on about the greatness of the World Cup than deal with this shtein every day.

But I have to drive for my job, so its unavoidable. I relish the days when I leave the city and go to Galveston and places like that.

I live on the NW side of town and its not too bad here. If I had to just go to and from the office each day it'd be cake because I am only 5 miles away.

It rains every goddamn day here. Bad traffic. No zoning laws...shtein like that.

But if you live outside the city, its not too shabby. Katy is really nice.

SunMo

listen...you sound like you're enjoying yourself and all..

but when you get to the point where you relish the days you get to go to Galveston...i would be looking into suicide method is least painful
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah. It gets even worse.

I not only like going to Galveston, but I like going to El Campo because its like 70 miles away and no traffic. A shtein hole of a town.

Goddamn, I'm going to go chug Draino.

Sgt PSN

Leave your girl's # on the counter. 

PhillyPhreak54

Done.

I left it next to your pic where you were licking the parking lot. She'll like that.

Sgt PSN

Chicks dig my tongue. 

Seabiscuit36

You ever go to Moody Gardens Phreak?  Pretty cool place down there in Galveston. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Not yet, I'm going to wait until t warms up a bit and I can go down there and relax and not have to work.

Father Demon

Looking up for me now.  I got a temporary gig (all but signed - should sign tomorrow or Monday) doing a consulting deal for a small company that needs me to tear apart their NOC and rebuild it.  When I told them my real goal was a career, and I didn't want to leave them high and dry if something comes up, we agreed to take a four month project, and break it down into four phases.  I can leave at the end of any phase, no harm, no foul.  Essentially a perfect deal for me..  make good money while looking for a job, and when I find one, I can leave and pocket the cash I brought down.

Also, I interviewed for a job yesterday with who would be my hiring manager.  She had the biggest knockers I've seen in an office environment in years and years.   :yay
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Sgt PSN

Looks like my days in KC are numbered.  Got orders yesterday to leave in Sep and head out to Edwards AFB in Cali.about 2 hrs east of Chuggie.  When I leave, I'll have only been on station here for 13 months.  Kind of sucks.  I am looking forward to the unit I'm going to though.  It's a CH-46 Squadron (CH-46 pictured below) and I haven't had an opportunity to work on the air side of things.  So that'll be a great new experience.  I'll most likely be deploying sometime in 2009 for Iraq (probably Al Asad) but if you're going to deploy, going with the Air Wing is the way to go since they tend to have the best facilities available and I'll probably go on a few flights with them while we're over there as well. 

The only thing I'm not really excited about is that I'm leaving KC after only a year (really just settled in) and this base is basically in the middle of the desert.  2 hours from LA, maybe 3 or 4 from Vegas. 

This may actually be better for me in the long run though because it will give me an opportunity to try and get back to KC in 3 or 4 years and finish my career out here and retire.  Had I stayed here for 3 years right now, I'd have to leave and go somewhere else for another 3 or 4 years before I could retire…..and then move back to KC.  So it might not be such a bad thing for the long term.  For the short term, it still sucks though. 

Father Demon

I've been to edwards, and yes, it sucks.  Smack in the middle of no where.  But, you are a short drive from plenty of things (LA, Vegas, not to mention Chuggie), so there is stuff to do when you aren't beating up airmen.

And to think I turned down Houston for you.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Rome

I left my firm today.  I had it out with my fellow senior partner and decided that the best thing for me to do is leave the firm and start over on my own.

16 years at the firm and today was it for me.

I need a hug.

Or a Jager Bomb the size of an oil drum.

Whatever.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Father Demon on February 14, 2008, 11:21:13 AM
I've been to edwards, and yes, it sucks.  Smack in the middle of no where.  But, you are a short drive from plenty of things (LA, Vegas, not to mention Chuggie), so there is stuff to do when you aren't beating up airmen.

And to think I turned down Houston for you.

If I had the option to say no, I would have.  Chuggie's the only one that's really excited about this whole thing.  

Phanatic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 14, 2008, 11:15:25 AM
Looks like my days in KC are numbered.  Got orders yesterday to leave in Sep and head out to Edwards AFB in Cali.about 2 hrs east of Chuggie.  When I leave, I'll have only been on station here for 13 months.  Kind of sucks.  I am looking forward to the unit I'm going to though.  It's a CH-46 Squadron (CH-46 pictured below) and I haven't had an opportunity to work on the air side of things.  So that'll be a great new experience.  I'll most likely be deploying sometime in 2009 for Iraq (probably Al Asad) but if you're going to deploy, going with the Air Wing is the way to go since they tend to have the best facilities available and I'll probably go on a few flights with them while we're over there as well. 

The only thing I'm not really excited about is that I'm leaving KC after only a year (really just settled in) and this base is basically in the middle of the desert.  2 hours from LA, maybe 3 or 4 from Vegas. 

This may actually be better for me in the long run though because it will give me an opportunity to try and get back to KC in 3 or 4 years and finish my career out here and retire.  Had I stayed here for 3 years right now, I'd have to leave and go somewhere else for another 3 or 4 years before I could retire.....and then move back to KC.  So it might not be such a bad thing for the long term.  For the short term, it still sucks though. 

I was station next to a Navy squadron of CH-46's. Took a few rides in them. Would be a Cool beast to work on.

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on February 14, 2008, 11:55:15 AM
I need a hug.

Or a Jager Bomb the size of an oil drum.

Here at :CF, you buy your own damn drinks.  But I know SunMo wants to hug it out with you.