I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

I was supposed to detach from my current command on Monday and report into the recruiting district on Tuesday.  Found out a few hours ago that I'm not going to recruit anymore and am staying at my current command.  Fargin eh! 

Cerevant

An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Father Demon

I feel like one of those dumb-ass greedy contestants on Deal or No Deal.  You know the ones - they just got a great offer, and they preach about how they just want enough to help their family, finish college, save the crippled puppies, etc.  Then, as soon as they get a taste for a good deal of money, they risk it to open two or three more briefcases, only to watch their quarter-of-a-million dollar offer go down the crapper.

I received an offer for a job this week, and have seriously considered it.  Exciting young company, high-profile position, and the ability to take a new division to great success through my contributions.  And yes, a good sum of money included (not a quarter-mill like up above, but good nonetheless).  What do I do?  I turned them down this afternoon, hoping for something bigger and better in St. Louis.  The downfall to this position was I would have to move to Houston, and it was just too much of a transition for me -- having to uproot the kids, leaving the extended family, and knowing I'd be more than 300 miles away from Sarge.

Now, I have rejection-remorse, convinced that it will be months before another offer lands in my inbox.

Dammit.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Sgt PSN

I knew you couldn't live without me. 

Father Demon

I wish I knew how to quit you
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Which one of you is the dead guy?

methdeez

Houston is supposedly a hole in the face of the earth.

dis12

Quote from: Father Demon on February 07, 2008, 03:02:26 PM
I feel like one of those dumb-ass greedy contestants on Deal or No Deal.  You know the ones - they just got a great offer, and they preach about how they just want enough to help their family, finish college, save the crippled puppies, etc.  Then, as soon as they get a taste for a good deal of money, they risk it to open two or three more briefcases, only to watch their quarter-of-a-million dollar offer go down the crapper.

I received an offer for a job this week, and have seriously considered it.  Exciting young company, high-profile position, and the ability to take a new division to great success through my contributions.  And yes, a good sum of money included (not a quarter-mill like up above, but good nonetheless).  What do I do?  I turned them down this afternoon, hoping for something bigger and better in St. Louis.  The downfall to this position was I would have to move to Houston, and it was just too much of a transition for me -- having to uproot the kids, leaving the extended family, and knowing I'd be more than 300 miles away from Sarge.

Now, I have rejection-remorse, convinced that it will be months before another offer lands in my inbox.

Dammit.
as much as you hate to leave Sarge's behind :D,  consider everything else.  From what my co-workers have said, Houston isn't so bad, semi-reasonable housing prices, but weather can suck (floods/heat/etc).   Hey, at least it's not Dall-ass.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Father Demon on February 07, 2008, 03:02:26 PM
The downfall to this position was I would have to move to Houston, and it was just too much of a transition for me --

There's not enough money in the world to get me to move to Texas...you did the right thing.

SunMo

Jay didn't even do it for money...just some peruvian Hoyda
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

dis12

Quote from: SunMo on February 07, 2008, 05:33:12 PM
and that he heard Selma lives there.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Diomedes

Houston is awful.  You made the right call.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on February 07, 2008, 05:33:12 PM

she must have a snapper

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

In an effort to break routine and do something a little different, my section decided that instead of doing normal pt that we'd go to the local community center and take a spin class.  If you don't know, a spin class is 45 minutes of hell on a stationary bike and the class was led by a person who was way too happy, way too energetic and listened to way too much techno.