I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 24, 2008, 04:33:10 PM
Oh, and tying in with Sarge's post, that is true... and clearly was somewhat true of me when I was working there.  They encourage people to work more hours but offer little motivation to actually do anything productive during them... so you get a lot of people that do very little work per hour.  Now, it's only going to be worse.

Or, managers could effectively manage their sections and make sure that their people are actually working instead of farging off.  That way all the work gets done in 8 hours and the overtime is saved for when it's actually needed. 

I'm basically in a management position right now.  I've got 5 Marines working under me and there's very little "work" for me to do during the day.  I go to meetings, takes notes and pass that onto my section.  I handle problems that my Marines can't and I make sure that they (my Marines) are taken care of.  And of course, I make sure that everything we need to get done during the day is done before 4:30. 

I'm sure that if manager type people were more involved in the day to day running of their offices, productivity would go up and the amount of overtime required/given out would go down. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's tough to manage like that when the company won't foot the bill for colocation.

Diomedes

I am so happy I left the corporate world behind, it's hard to explain.  So I won't try.

All you bastiches stuck in it, I pity you. 

Quit your jobs and take up landscaping.  You'll learn spanish, get rock hard glutes, and sleep easy knowing you're doing honest work.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Is that what you're doing these days?  Did you give up the cabinet making? 

Diomedes

Folks 'round these parts (CF...no one in Baltimore knows what to call someone who actually works for a living) have called what I do landscaping, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on January 24, 2008, 05:34:18 PM
Quit your jobs and take up landscaping.  You'll learn spanish, get rock hard glutes, and sleep easy knowing you're doing honest work.

Dio?:

Your statement reminded me immediately of this scene:
QuotePeter Gibbons: This isn't so bad, huh? Makin' bucks, gettin' exercise, workin' outside.
Lawrence: fargin' A.
Peter Gibbons: [nods] fargin' A.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

Just don't call him uppity.

Father Demon

Angry Employee Deletes All of Company's Data

When Marie Lupe Cooley, 41, of Jacksonville, Fla., saw a help-wanted ad in the newspaper for a position that looked suspiciously like her current job — and with her boss's phone number listed — she assumed she was about to be fired.

So, police say, she went to the architectural office where she works late Sunday night and erased 7 years' worth of drawings and blueprints, estimated to be worth $2.5 million.

As for the job, Cooley originally wasn't in danger of losing it. The ad was for Hutchins' wife's company.

The firm told FOXNews.com that Cooley no longer is employed there.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Sgt PSN

Zanshin

lol...aside from the idiot worker, what company doesn't invest in some sort of computer back-up contingency process that doesn't revolve around data recovery?

phattymatty

Quote from: Zanshin on January 28, 2008, 01:36:33 PM
lol...aside from the idiot worker, what company doesn't invest in some sort of computer back-up contingency process that doesn't revolve around data recovery?

QuoteHutchins told one TV station he'd managed to recover all the files using an expensive data-recovery service.

Zanshin

An expensive data recovery service isn't an inexpensive back-up system.

phattymatty

well he's obviously an idiot for giving this lady access to anything.