I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Philly Crew on July 18, 2007, 12:40:07 PM
Sarge-what's the latest?

I was supposed to officially detach from my unit in NC this passed Monday but something got screwed up with my reenlistment paperwork so I'm still part of recruiting for a few more days.  It actually worked out in my favor because my original plan was to detach on 16 Jul and be on leave for 2 weeks before showing up to KC.  But now that I have to wait, I'm saving up those vacation days but I don't have a job to do here.  Actually, I havent' had any actual work to do in over a month.  And for the last 2 weeks I've been calling in in the morning to check in and that's it.  It's basically like I've been on vacation for the last few weeks. 

mussa

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 18, 2007, 01:49:32 PM
My new job blocks AIM and monitors internet access fairly strictly, from what I've heard.

Thusly, I will be indirectly complying with Dio's repeated requests for me to post less.  I'll expect others to carry the torch to annoy the ____ out of him.

sweet jesus, there is a GOD!!!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Philly Crew

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 18, 2007, 03:43:47 PM
Sarge-what's the latest?

I was supposed to officially detach from my unit in NC this passed Monday but something got screwed up with my reenlistment paperwork so I'm still part of recruiting for a few more days.  It actually worked out in my favor because my original plan was to detach on 16 Jul and be on leave for 2 weeks before showing up to KC.  But now that I have to wait, I'm saving up those vacation days but I don't have a job to do here.  Actually, I havent' had any actual work to do in over a month.  And for the last 2 weeks I've been calling in in the morning to check in and that's it.  It's basically like I've been on vacation for the last few weeks. 

So you're heading back to KC with the corps or did I miss something?
I'm bringing sexy back

Philly Crew

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 18, 2007, 01:49:32 PM
My new job blocks AIM and monitors internet access fairly strictly, from what I've heard.

Thusly, I will be indirectly complying with Dio's repeated requests for me to post less.  I'll expect others to carry the torch to annoy the ____ out of him.

Good luck.  Shall I start the thread on the merits of the Catholic church or the honor of serving your country in the armed forces?
I'm bringing sexy back

PoopyfaceMcGee

The latter would probably work out best.

Diomedes

Agreed.

If I had to be Christian, I'd be Catholic.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Philly Crew on July 18, 2007, 04:44:40 PM
Sarge-what's the latest?

Nope, you didn't miss anything.  I was supposed to reenlist last week but the paperwork got screwed up.  Should get done either this Friday or Monday. 

Your job still sending  you out to KC each year? 

Philly Crew

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 19, 2007, 12:17:26 AM
Quote from: Philly Crew on July 18, 2007, 04:44:40 PM
Sarge-what's the latest?

Nope, you didn't miss anything.  I was supposed to reenlist last week but the paperwork got screwed up.  Should get done either this Friday or Monday. 

Your job still sending  you out to KC each year? 

No, with my promotion, they won't send me out.  I am trying to get a director position in KC so we will see.  I miss KC for some reason.
I'm bringing sexy back

Sgt PSN

It's a great place to live sans the occasional tornado threat.  If you end up getting a job out there then you'll be able to hook me up with some employment in 3 years when my next contract runs out. 

Drunkmasterflex

I just got my commanders approval for OCS yesterday, while that is an important step in the application process I still have a long way to go.  It should be a couple of months before I actually find out.  Who knows it may actually keep me from going to Iraq if I get selected.

Until then I am slated to go to the E-5 promotion board next month, though I can see paper work holding me back and not allowing me to go until September.  Either way I should make SGT in just around or under 2 years of service. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phattymatty

i came in the office at 11 AM this morning, and a bunch of us are leaving for an early happy hour around 2.  not a bad work day.

if any of you are engineers and need a job, let me know.  i get a mad referral bonus.

ice grillin you

monday is my scheduled govt day off and veterans day observed which means i have monday and tuesday off...its gonna be a long drunk four day weekend

i love my job
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2007, 08:17:18 AM
monday is my scheduled govt day off and veterans day observed which means i have monday and tuesday off...its gonna be a long drunk four day weekend

i love my job
Cant beat that, other than you work for the man

I'm off monday for Veterans day, i plan on playing videogames and going to shoot my 9, good times
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Cerevant

Quote from: phattymatty on July 20, 2007, 12:20:02 PM
if any of you are engineers and need a job, let me know.  i get a mad referral bonus.

What kind of engineer?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 09, 2007, 08:29:59 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2007, 08:17:18 AM

i love my job
Cant beat that, other than you work for the man

I'm off monday for Veterans day, i plan on playing videogames and going to shoot my 9, good times

what about your chrome plated mic and an amstel light
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous