I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I can work immediately as a laborer/apprentice carpenter with either of a couple friends who have already offered, and will probably do that at first.  In fact, I may do that for permanent, and leave the office behind.  I hate these people with a dangerous passion.  They are for the most part a bunch of worthless scumbags.  The line workers are normal folks, but with each level up the hierarchy you go, the people get worse and worse.  I don't want to be around them or answer to them anymore.  It's one thing to opt out of consumerist corporate culture in your life, but so long as you work for one of those places, you're still part of the problem.  I'm ashamed to tell my friends what I do and who I work for, and that's not good for mental health.

My old lady is a Nurse..between her salary and whatever I make on my own we'll be fine.  But no, I don't really know what I'm going to do.   Eventually, I'll have my own business again...I was once the proprietor of a small service company that did very well until I got bored of it and sold.  Never realized what I had going or how much I loved it.  So maybe after a few years learning an actual trade, I can set myself up again. 

I'm practically quivering in anticipation of getting out of this office.  I remember the countdown number being 232.  Today, it's 3.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

That has to feel amazing.  Good luck.  I'm jealous, but not in a sinister way.

mussa

good stuff Dio, do what you love man.  :yay :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

mussa

i was thinking more along the lines of =
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

So, Dio...how'd the resignation go?  Was it everything you'd hoped it would be?

Diomedes

Haven't made it yet.  Bonus deposit has been made, but I'm waiting until it's fully cleared...as I understand it, Direct Depositors have a window during which they can pull back an deposit.  The money is mine by rights, but these motherfargers are capable of anything.  So I'm waiting a day or two.

The waiting is killing me...

I did however write the letter.  Very simple, not trying to make some kind of point.  The timing says enough.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Dio, once the money's in there they cant take it back.  Hell get the cash or transfer it into another checking.  Either way congrats for making it to this point
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Call it paranoia then, but I've been told they have the ability to reverse a deposit within a certain time period.   Until I see it has fully cleared into my account, and is no longer in "pending" status, I'm sitting tight.

Thanks.  It's a miracle on the order of virgin birth I haven't blown up so far.

Just yesterday we had our yearly reviews.  I got a "meets expectations," which modifies my bonus payout by -4%.  That's right...I met expectations, and was rewarded for that by getting only 96% of my bonus.  It's not a material amount, and I don't really care because I'm leaving, but it's still insulting.  I busted my balls last year implementing SAP, working all kinds of late nights and weekends, etc.  Scumbags.

Susquehanna Birder

Sounds like a charming group.

And you are right about reversing the direct deposit. The window is 5 banking days. Probably the best thing to do is to stash the money in another account (if you can). Then if they try to do the reversal, it won't be there...and they'll have to try and get their money through other legal measures.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Diomedes on March 15, 2007, 10:26:59 AM

Ha!  That actually made me LOL.

I know exactly how you feel.  I did what you are about to do 6 weeks ago and loved every second of it.  I hope you do to!
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on March 15, 2007, 10:26:59 AM
Call it paranoia then, but I've been told they have the ability to reverse a deposit within a certain time period.   Until I see it has fully cleared into my account, and is no longer in "pending" status, I'm sitting tight.

Just yesterday we had our yearly reviews.  I got a "meets expectations," which modifies my bonus payout by -4%.  That's right...I met expectations, and was rewarded for that by getting only 96% of my bonus.  It's not a material amount, and I don't really care because I'm leaving, but it's still insulting.  I busted my balls last year implementing SAP, working all kinds of late nights and weekends, posting on this message board and playing online chess.  Scumbags.

Meanwhile.........my parade just got pissed on and I was told that I am not going to be moving back up to Philly.  Civilian life sounds a little better and better with each passing day.  The job security may not be there and the benefits may not be as great to start out but at least it puts me back in control of my life again. 

Father Demon

Don't kid yourself.  There is no control of your own life as long as long as you need to work.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

I think I'm gonna quit today.  Others have done so as well...there is no way they can get away with taking my money..no way they actually reverse the withdrawal.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on March 15, 2007, 12:30:13 PM
I think I'm gonna quit today.  Others have done so as well...there is no way they can get away with taking my money..no way they actually reverse the withdrawal.

Enjoy yourself.