I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

im convinced I work for the dumbest of the stupid. one upper management decision after another one blowing up in our faces for year end.

now its 12pm and because of our inept OPS, that's it. month and year are over.

now I get to sit here for till 4:30 because numbers are bad and they wont let anyone leave early, but nobody can submit anything to the system after 12.

oh and upper management is all leaving at 1.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

^ Self-employment does have its drawbacks. ^

smeags

Rome

Geowhizzer

I love my job... until Jan. 9.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 20, 2016, 01:47:20 PM
That sucks.  How long were you with them?  Did you get any kind of severance?

Only my position was eliminated. As such, I am still an employee, but am not allowed to perform any work related tasks. If I do not find another position within the company by the end of February, then my employment will also be terminated and the severance package will be presented. I'm essentially getting paid my normal salary to look for a new job for two months. I'll have the assistance from Human Resources in identifying positions internally, and they procured the services of an outside agency to assist in placement externally. Other than the fact that I actually loved my role, this isn't a bad gig.

Through the internal Priority Candidate Placement Process, my name has been submitted for a position in Tucson, AZ. Has anybody spent enough time in Tucson to be able to comment on what kind of town it is?

PhillyPhreak54

Sorry I've never been to Arizona except to connect on flights

What kind of work do you do?

Tomahawk

I almost got my boss to change my title to Badassador for a month, but the process is apparently too much of a PITA. My title was Engineering Team Lead, but it was more project management than anything.

PhillyPhreak54

That would've been funny

It's cool they're being so proactive in helping locate something else for ya

Tomahawk

Agreed...some of the co-workers who where also laid off are basically saying "farg this company", but I have no complaints about how they're handling it. Why try to make something personal when it's just business.

smeags

good luck hawk.

Rome

I have a buddy who moved from Denver to Tucson.  I know it's really cheap to live there.     It's a small city but the weather is nice (high desert climate) and the people aren't bad plus the food is good.   I was only there for a few days but I liked it.  I'd rather live in Flagstaff personally but you could do worse.  Good luck, dude. 

Diomedes

Cars don't rust out there.   
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

That sounds like a pretty amazing parachute they're giving you. Not many companies would do something like that these days.

(In my case, I was being targeted by my funhole boss for eventual firing. I was hoping for a layoff, knowing that a decent severance would have helped my transition to another career. But rather than pay me, they just laid so much crap work on me that I couldn't perform to "expectations." I left before she could bring the axe down, but a friend of mine stayed until he was fired. And they've since laid everybody else off and disbanded the entire department.)

Have you thought about government work? The way things are going with DoD related activities, there is a real need for competent project managers in the civilian employee ranks. I'm half thinking of shoring up my PM training and see if I can get into something like that.

I don't know about Tuscon, but Phoenix is a pretty good area. I can't imagine that Tuscon is awful. In fact, I think it was noted a while back as a good place to retire, so the cost of living can't be ungodly bad.

ice grillin you

if you are thinking government it pretty much has to be something in dod or homeland/national security because theres going to be a four year hiring freeze across the rest of the govt....of course if that happens it will make getting jobs that are allowed to be filed even harder...probably have better luck going the contractor route
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous