2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 28, 2008, 04:14:41 PM
The thrifty ownership likely hired people off the street for $8/hour to search for stubs and will re-sell all those tickets for $200 each at the window.

In.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

i almost wonder if it will be over capacity for those who threw the ticket away, if they have receipts and printouts, they might have a hard time tracking tickets
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 28, 2008, 03:07:32 PM
definitely....why is everyone acting like they have the lead?

i don't get that feeling.  everyone is pretty down today.  majority of us are very nervous.  i still can't believe this is happening.

i'd like a couple of runs.  

i am confident i will be dead by tomorrow night, after I pick up jr. from football practice of course.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 28, 2008, 04:01:31 PM

Who in the hell would toss their stubs?

I still can't believe that.  My god people they're WS ticket stubs!  So what if they got wet.  Idiots.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

It's going to be insane down there trying to get in with ticket stubs only.  I hope they plan on opening up the gates at least six hours early because if not they might have a riot on their hands.  They might anyway, but still...

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Did anyone ask about parking yet?  Seems like people are going to be charged twice...

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 28, 2008, 04:51:11 PM
Did anyone ask about parking yet?  Seems like people are going to be charged twice...

Just announced on DNL, as long as you have your receipt or pass from lastnight parking is free. If you don't have it you're getting charged.

phillymic2000

cause, well because I said so. :paranoid

why are you always acting like our teams will always lose?

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: phillymic2000 on October 28, 2008, 05:31:22 PM
cause, well because I said so. :paranoid

why are you always acting like our teams will always lose?
I'll speak for myself, shtein like last night only happens to philly teams
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

QuoteMLB Suggested That the Game Be Completed in Tampa
From one of the writers of the Unfiltered blog on baseballprospectus.com:

I'm told that MLB officials put forward the idea of moving Game Five's conclusion to Tampa on Wednesday with the intention of playing out Game Five and, if necessary, starting Game Six. The idea was quashed by both the Phillies and Fox.
:-D

LBIggle

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 28, 2008, 05:49:23 PM
QuoteMLB Suggested That the Game Be Completed in Tampa
From one of the writers of the Unfiltered blog on baseballprospectus.com:

I'm told that MLB officials put forward the idea of moving Game Five's conclusion to Tampa on Wednesday with the intention of playing out Game Five and, if necessary, starting Game Six. The idea was quashed by both the Phillies and Fox.
:-D

the fact that it was even brought up makes me want to buy a gun and use it quite a bit.. mainly at anything related to MLB not including the phillies.

PhillyGirl

Seabiscuit36

PoopyfaceMcGee

While they're at it, why don't they allow their fans to throw cowbells at the Phillies players?  Or, they could simply let the Rays play their entire team in the field every inning to make sure nothing drops.