2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 27, 2008, 11:53:42 PM
btw the Rays already checked out of their hotel and have no place to stay right now  :-D

awesome.. i hope they get blackballed to the worst piece of shtein hole the city has to offer.

PhillyPhreak54

Per McCarthy (and ESPNews) Manuel will not address the media.

The players and Manuel are not talking and they are all highly pissed off.

GOOD GOOD GOOD!

I hope they come out and ass rape these pansies

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 27, 2008, 11:56:50 PM
The Rays do not have a hotel. They checked out. Now they have to stay in Wilmington Delaware.

:-D

I'm sure MLB will accommodate them better than anyone ever.  ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 27, 2008, 11:58:27 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 27, 2008, 11:56:50 PM
The Rays do not have a hotel. They checked out. Now they have to stay in Wilmington Delaware.

:-D

I'm sure MLB will accommodate them better than anyone ever.  ::)
i hope they get a nice welcome into town.  Im farging pissed off, Selig goes and admits that he just wanted them to win it or tie it
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

What the farg. Seriously. You thought you've seen it all...

Well now the parade will be on Thursday if we win on Tuesday, Friday if we win on Wednesday. If it extends beyond that, I'd have to imagine things would be pushed back to Monday.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Romero came out to talk to Leslie....basically said it is what it is and the bullpen has to treat it like any other 6th-inning game now

PhillyPhreak54

Wild Thing on CSN screaming that it should be protested by Gillick to have the inning started at the top of the 6th so they can be on even ground without Hamels having to pitch in that pig sty.

He's on to something, but I doubt Butt Selig will do that

Cerevant

From what I could figure from the rules, here were their options:
1) end the game before the 5th, and screw the Phillies out of a 2 run lead (they would have to start over)
2) end the game after the 5th, and the Phillies win the series on a technicality
3) keep playing in the muck
4) end the game with a tie, and resume play from where it left off.

There is no such thing as "delay" in the rules.  The problem is that they would have to finish the game before the scheduled start of the last game, or it would be "called" (Phils win).  The real mess is that if they don't finish this game before the start of game 7, the game is called a tie, and they play it over from the start.

Obviously the Phils were screwed regardless, but do you really want 20 years of "well, they didn't really win it"?

An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 27, 2008, 11:58:16 PM
Per McCarthy (and ESPNews) Manuel will not address the media.

The players and Manuel are not talking and they are all highly pissed off.

GOOD GOOD GOOD!

I hope they come out and ass rape these pansies

And now horrible singer Peter Gammons rips the Phils for not talking and says how the Rays are not complaining.

Wellll...no shtein, Peter. I wonder why?!?!

Go have another aneurysm.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Cerevant on October 28, 2008, 12:03:36 AM
1) end the game before the 5th, and screw the Phillies out of a 2 run lead (they would have to start over)
2) end the game after the 5th, and the Phillies win the series on a technicality

There is no such thing as "delay" in the rules.  The problem is that they would have to finish the game before the scheduled start of the last game, or it would be "called" (Phils win).  The real mess is that if they don't finish this game before the start of game 7, the game is called a tie, and they play it over from the start.

Obviously the Phils were screwed regardless, but do you really want 20 years of "well, they didn't really win it"?

They could have ended the game BEFORE the Rays tied it and resumed play where it left off. They didn't have to wait until midway through the 6th.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Cerevant on October 28, 2008, 12:03:36 AM

Selig said they would have called a rain delay. Those rules do not apply. If the Rays had not scored, they would have rain delayed it until whenever appropriate.

So they could have called a delay in the 5th and resume without consequence

PhillyGirl

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 27, 2008, 11:50:23 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 27, 2008, 11:47:22 PM
This shtein only happens in Philly. It's always farging something. I have a really bad feeling this is going to cost us the series.

As for Selig I can't blame him, it's not like the shtein was that much worse that the Rays had an advantage when they got the tieing run. Even dry Upton scores on the Pena hit. You have to remember Upton was slowed down big time by the rain. And every weather forecast I saw said it would be a drizzle, not the windy mess we had tonight.

Not the point, SD....you need to either call it after BOTH pitchers have pitched an inning (before Hamels came out or AFTER Kazmir (or whomever) pitched that inning).

Its a clear advantage to the Rays' pitching as they will now finish the 6th inning with a perfect mound/field. Hamels gave UP that run after being out in that rainy shtein on base for 10 minutes and then having to pitch THROUGH that rain in that inning. YOu can't say that isn't a disadvantage.  :-\

The Rays pitchers had to pitch through the same crap, it's not like it got that much worse in one inning...they were scraping mud off Kazmir's cleats in the 4th and that shtein was on there pretty thick.
Look, I'm as pissed as anyone but I don't think this is some grand conspiracy by Selig. Lets face it, God is not a Phils fan. In fact, I'm pretty sure he/she hates us.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.