2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

im impressed at all the time and effort he put into that sign
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

I thought "Hey Jimmy, you have to win something first before we can be called frontrunners" would have been better

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 20, 2008, 09:39:43 AM
im impressed at all the time and effort he put into that sign

I can't tell if it's posterboard or the side of a cardboard box, but either way, there's a lot of love involved.

MDS

this is literally the most pointless and boring week long news story ever
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

a made a poster last night that said, "Rollins Sucks" and held it up in my living room.

PhillyPhreak54

Burrell with his 12th OF assist.

Dook's gotta gun.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Phreak's boy Myers is shutting out the AAA Washington Nationals.

NO JINX

Rome

QuotePHILADELPHIA -- The option was dismissed as quickly as it was considered. Despite Monday's off-day, the Phillies have decided against juggling their rotation, which could've lined up ace Cole Hamels to face the Mets next week at Citizens Bank Park.

With Monday off, the Phillies could have started Hamels on regular rest Friday and bumped Kyle Kendrick to Saturday. That would've made Hamels' next outing Aug. 27 against New York, but Kendrick will start that day.

"I gave thought to it, then stopped thinking about it," Phils pitching coach Rich Dubee said. "It's not going to happen. We want to try to preserve what we've got here. Cole's at 180-plus innings and leads the National League in innings pitched. It's more beneficial to give him that extra day."

Yeah, God forbid the staff ace pitches against the team in first place.

Hate.  This.  Team.

BigEd76

CG SHO for Brett and he didn't yell at Charlie.  Good times.  The Mets won again though...

QB Eagles

Why waste Hamels' pitching on a first place team? Better to save him for teams the Phils can score a run or two against. Might as well keep in him the dugout during the Cubs series too.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 20, 2008, 09:51:09 PM
Why waste Hamels' pitching on a first place team? Better to save him for teams the Phils can score a run or two against. Might as well keep in him the dugout during the Cubs series too.

May as well keep him in the dugout the rest of the season.  They'd struggle to score runs against the Saudi Arabian little league team right now.

MDS

if the rotation holds he'd miss the mets series in flushing, too. but he'd face florida, so....yea farg these idiots.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 20, 2008, 09:33:56 PM
QuotePHILADELPHIA -- The option was dismissed as quickly as it was considered. Despite Monday's off-day, the Phillies have decided against juggling their rotation, which could've lined up ace Cole Hamels to face the Mets next week at Citizens Bank Park.

With Monday off, the Phillies could have started Hamels on regular rest Friday and bumped Kyle Kendrick to Saturday. That would've made Hamels' next outing Aug. 27 against New York, but Kendrick will start that day.

"I gave thought to it, then stopped thinking about it," Phils pitching coach Rich Dubee said. "It's not going to happen. We want to try to preserve what we've got here. Cole's at 180-plus innings and leads the National League in innings pitched. It's more beneficial to give him that extra day."

Yeah, God forbid the staff ace pitches against the team in first place.

Hate.  This.  Team.

simply amazing...they WILL NOT learn...this is the second time in two series and the third time this year they have had a chance to put hamels against the mets and have opted out...youd think they could figure it out that if you pitch your #1 guy against new york maybe you wouldnt lose every series to them

what the farg is wrong with this organization...i love how the reasoning is that he leads the league in innings pitched...well dumb asses perhaps he does that because hes one of the better pitchers in the league and perhaps you want one of the better pitches going against the team youre chasing for the playoffs...its like they think they have a shot at the wild card or something and the mets just arent that important

SD_Eagle5

Meanwhile I'm sure we'll see Santana, Maine and Perez

ice grillin you

its only a two gamer and it will be pedro and santana