2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

wow manuel is just out of his mind terrible tonight. not that the offense is making a difference, but hes just brutal.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Managers don't make any difference in the outcome of games.[/mcgrawbeane]

SD_Eagle5

I pitched for the Reading Phillies tonight. In 3 1/3 innings I gave up 2 long balls, 4 hits, and 6 total earned runs.

Who am I?

Rome

mpmcgraw

Quote from: Rome on August 05, 2008, 09:57:40 PM
Managers don't make any difference in the outcome of games.[/mcgrawbeane]
They usually don't have much impact on the season unless they are uncomprehensibly terrible.

MDS

do you think for yourself or just listen to what bill james tells you and then act like you're smarter than everyone else and refuse to converse with others who dont swear on the holy baseball prospectus bible of sabermetrical nerd stats even though in reality you just some silly high school student?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phieagles91

phillies got beat pretty good tonight...i thought after the umps gave that HR to Victorino they would rally, but boy was i wrong..lol...hopefully they can take the next 2 and win the series..

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on August 05, 2008, 09:39:47 PM
phreak, who do you think puts dobbs halfway there...certainly not himself

He could position himself.

But Jimmy Williams and/or Steve Smith are the guys who set the INF and OF.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: MDS on August 05, 2008, 10:43:41 PM
do you think for yourself or just listen to what bill james tells you and then act like you're smarter than everyone else and refuse to converse with others who dont swear on the holy baseball prospectus bible of sabermetrical nerd stats even though in reality you just some silly high school student?
I so silly!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 05, 2008, 10:04:32 PM
I pitched for the Reading Phillies tonight. In 3 1/3 innings I gave up 2 long balls, 4 hits, and 6 total earned runs.

Who am I?

Worst unis ever.

MDS

hes owed 8.5 mil next year. and thats 8.5 mil less for the phils to spend because remember theyre a small market team.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Go easy on Eaton.  He pitched against some really solid prospects last night!

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Quote from: MDS on August 06, 2008, 12:19:30 PM
hes owed 8.5 mil next year. and thats 8.5 mil less for the phils to spend because remember this is what Pat Gillick saw as a good pitching aquisition.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

every big market team makes big money mistakes the problem is when it happens to the phils it hurts them far more than any of the others
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous