2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

See, these are the Phillies I know and love. Welcome back guys.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MDS on June 15, 2008, 09:46:15 PM
See, these are the Phillies I know and love. Welcome back guys.

:) x 100  You are as bad a "fan" of the Phils as IGY is of the Eagles.

Bruntlett's baserunning gaffe was awful. Wheeler defending it was nauseating.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Wow I love you.

Bruntlett is a terrible baserunner. This isn't the first time he incorrectly read a ball, just because he's kind of fast doesn't mean he should pinch run for people. But the worst move was taking out Burrell for Jap. His run would have made it 9-6 and Howard was clogging up the bases in front of him. Just a retarded move.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i wish we all could be as good of a sports fan as pg
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

Went to the game yesterday.  Pathetic execution by the Phils.  15 lob.  Had the bases loaded 3x and I don't believe they registered a single hit or sacrifice.  I believe the only runs they scored was when they walked 2 in.  Myers sucked something awful and I couldn't beleive Cholly left him in as long as he did.  Infuriating.

And what the hell happened in the 10th?  2 errors on the exact same play.  I was hard to tell from my angle but were they both bad throws from Utley or did Gordon not get into position fast enough?

As for the new Busch Stadium.  Very nice looking ball park but a little plain in comparison to many of the new retro style stadiums.  Walking through the concorse I noticed that they hung regular, rear projection tv's.....the old style, not even flat screen.  And that was only on the lower level.  Up on the 3rd level, there's no tv's at all for you to keep an eye on the game while waiting in line for concessions. 

Speaking of concessions......way overpriced and not very good.  Their nachos were pretty good ($8) but everything else was crap.  They also don't offer lids for drinks unless you buy the $7 souvenier cup. 

The loudest the stadium got was when So Taguchi came in to pinch run.  It was louder than when the winning run came across. 

There was also some lady a few rows behind me who kept yelling at the "refs." She thought every pitch the Cards threw was a strike and when he'd call a ball she'd yell "Open your eyes ref!" and stupid crap like that.  When the game went to the 10th I heard her on her cell phone telling someone that the game was going into overtime.  Even my kids thought she was annoying and clueless. 

Good day though, beautiful weather and all that.  Overall I give the stadium a 7 out of 10 and the Phils a (minus) 102. 

MDS

anyone want to call the dc sniper and ask him to perch himself atop cbp and start picking off sox fans tonight? is there are a more irritating fan group in america at this point? if there arent 25 fights tonight im gonna be disappointed.

ice grillin you

i wanna see how many of them show tomorrow nite...cause if youre at a regular season baseball game instead of either being at or watching the celtics game then youre fraudulent

Sgt PSN

A fraudulent what?  Sawx fan for not watching the Celtics game? 

ice grillin you

fraudulent sox fan...fans that arent from boston but like the sox because of fever pitch..which is about 75% of their fanbase

Sgt PSN

So if they're watching the Red Sox, they aren't actually Red Sox fans.  Got it. 

SunMo

just like 25% of the eagles fans at the Linc are fraudulent...yes
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 16, 2008, 02:44:05 PM
So if they're watching the Red Sox, they aren't actually Red Sox fans.  Got it. 

if they are from north carolina and root for the sox because of drew barrymore but could care less about boston or any of their other teams then yes they are huge frauds

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on June 16, 2008, 02:49:10 PM
just like 25% of the eagles fans at the Linc are fraudulent...yes

Is that because they watched Invincible or The Garbage Pail Kicking, Field Goal Kicking, Philadelphia Phenominon?  

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 16, 2008, 02:51:20 PM
if they are from north carolina and root for the sox because of drew barrymore but could care less about boston or any of their other teams then yes they are huge frauds

Oh, ok.  Be sure and keep tabs on how many NC plates you see in the parking lot with Red Sox bumper stickers. 

ice grillin you

are you actually trying to argue that there arent people all over the country who became red sox "fans" in the last 4-5 years...and who dont all make up a story of having some connection to boston...tell me youre not denying this