2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

about ten minutes ago i was flipping out cause i couldnt get the game on my computer
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

I have to watch this one on FoxSports Florida because of blackout rules.  Hearing Tommy Hutton celebrating these home runs is irritating me.

Moyer doing his Cole Hamels (of yesterday) impression.

Rome

Blacked out everywhere here.

I cannot understand why in the hell a game that is being played 1,000 miles away can be blacked out, especially when the Marlins home base is 275 miles away from this market.

MLB is such a joke.

ice grillin you

the ownership better farging make a trade deadline deal for a big time pitcher regardless of salary...

give carrasco
give whoever you need to give
but get it done

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 01, 2008, 02:34:40 PM
the ownership better farging make a trade deadline deal for a big time pitcher regardless of salary...

give carrasco
give whoever you need to give
but get it done

Two problems:

1.  The minor leagues do not have enough talent to compete with other teams.
2.  This is the cheapskate Philadelphia Phillies we're talking about.  125 years of cheapskate antics - why would that change now?  The only owners willing to actually spend money on the franchise was the Carpenter family.

MDS

the best they're gonna do is maddux or randy wolf from san diego. the two big names out there would be sabathia and sheets, phillies dont have the balls/talent to get it done.

maddux has a ntc and its doubtful he would even want to come here, but he'll be out there. and hes like 50.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

maddux is a right handed moyer he wouldnt win them a world series

and they have plenty of talent to get a frontline pitcher...their farm system as a whole is weak but they have enough at the top end to easily get it done...it really all comes down to be willing to spend the money

MDS

gillick proved he would spend the money so long as it was short term. a guy like sheets is going to command a lot and he cant even stay healthy.

chances are they get another kyle lohse.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 01, 2008, 03:08:28 PM
and they have plenty of talent to get a frontline pitcher...their farm system as a whole is weak but they have enough at the top end to easily get it done...it really all comes down to be willing to spend the money

No, they actually don't.

And before you tell me I am wrong again....give me 3 top 50 prospects (in baseball) the phils have to use as trade bait?

Their minor leagues suck.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geoffreysey!

Burrellsey!

It was nice to see Gordon do a complete 180 after Rollins gave him a quick pep talk.  I thought we were going to see full-scale implosion in the 8th.

PhillyPhreak54

Good bounce-back win today. It's about time Jenkins did something worthwhile. Choke flashed a little bit of leather today too, he made two good plays defensively.

As for getting a top line pitcher....unless they give up Carrasco, Happ, basticho and someone else they don't have a shot at landing a stud. Sabathia would be nice, but if you get someone like him the FO had better be ready to sign him because if not he's a rental and then the Yankees will sign him next year.

Sheets would be nice, if he could stay healthy. But again, they would have to give up a lot. Trade deadline deals always have higher price tags because the sellers have most of the leverage.

Maybe Joe Blanton can be had. But The A's turned down Homer Bailey from the Reds during the winter.

PoopyfaceMcGee

BTW, I really like the johnson joints they were rocking today, except for the ghay blue hat.

PhillyPhreak54

I like them too. Even the blue hat; so much that I bought one last week.

MDS

The jerseys are solid. Next thing they need to do is change the ugly gray road uni's. Home pinstripes could perhaps use a slight touchup, but they are fine.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on June 01, 2008, 06:36:49 PM
BTW, I really like the johnson joints they were rocking today, except for the ghay blue hat.

Ditto.