2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: SunMo on April 24, 2008, 04:25:52 PM
in light of this just embarrassing show lately, i'm going to give wing a chance to take back his Lidge hate...one time only

The only thing I "took back" was the velocity thing, to which I have already explained and I wont go into again.

I don't hate him. I am not rooting against him at all.

But he's trash, give him more than 3 weeks and he will certainly prove it. It's only april lets save a little of the fellatio for a little deeper into the season....like i dont know, July, August and September. I honestly don't think he gets out of June.

Right now he's pitching ok. However, he won't be here next year, and you lost Bourn, and delayed Myers inevitable transition back to the closer role. I did not think the move was worth it. I still don't.

They rented a closer, to put myers back in the rotation, when there were better starters to be acquired.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

who were these better starters to be acquired?  and i loved bourn btw

and lol @ "he's pitching ok"
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

34 strikeouts in 85 at-bats is right around what he did last year.  that's a 40% strikeout rate. 

he had 199 strikeouts in 529 at-bats or 38%.

he'll come around sooner or later.

reese125

QuoteI don't hate him
QuoteI am not rooting against him at all.

QuoteBut he's trash

So you like and root for trash? Interesting.

Rome

lidge has pretty much been lights out so far.  the only thing that concerns me is the walks but he's 4/4 in save opps. has a 0.00 era and has given up a measly 4 hits in nine appearances.

that's nothing to sneeze at.

Wingspan

Quote from: SunMo on April 24, 2008, 04:57:16 PM
who were these better starters to be acquired?  and i loved bourn btw

and lol @ "he's pitching ok"

While out of reach, Santana could have been looked at.

Erik Bedard
Dontrelle Willis

On a lesser scale Carlos Silva, Kip Wells, Kyle Lohse were also available.

And yes, he is pitching "ok" he has 1 appearance where he went 1-2-3 save, otherwise, there always seems to be a walk, or a hit or two in there. He could be better.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

kyle loshe is the only real one

they couldn't touch bedard or willis...what could you possibly offer those teams out of this minor league system?

silva got crazy money, worse than eaton...i guarentee you that you'd be killing gillick if he'd signed him

they can re-sign lidge and they have a very good closer

and while lidge hasn't been 1-2-3 every time i think you're stretching to find something wrong with him when you say he could be better.  there have been a few times when his defense has cost him baserunners.  the guy hasn't allowed an earned run yet.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

lohse doesnt even count in this discussion anyway as he wouldnt have replaced myers

i just named him cause hes better than kendrick

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: Wingspan on April 24, 2008, 05:07:49 PM
He could be better.

How exactly?  By going 1-2-3 in every appearance?  Is there a closer in baseball who's done that so far?

Rome

the phillies offered more money to lohse than he ended up signing for so i don't see how his name could be brought up in any discussion here.

willis, bedard & santana should be eliminated as well because there was zero chance of getting them.  the rest of the scrubs aren't better than myers, so they're out too.

Eagles_Legendz

Any criticism of Lidge, when he's allowed 5 hits in 10 IP this year is just laughable.  You can stick by your guns and say he will fall apart (which he may), but he has been great so far this year.  The Phillies bullpen has the lowest ERA in the NL.  Whodathunkit.

Rome

i just watched the highlights of the phils game.  when jason werth hit his dinger they showed his mom in the stands.  holy shtein.  was she about 13 when she had him?

very hott.

SD_Eagle5

I though it was his girlfriend when they first showed it

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Wingspan on April 24, 2008, 04:49:35 PM
Quote from: SunMo on April 24, 2008, 04:25:52 PM
in light of this just embarrassing show lately, i'm going to give wing a chance to take back his Lidge hate...one time only

The only thing I "took back" was the velocity thing, to which I have already explained and I wont go into again.

I don't hate him. I am not rooting against him at all.

But he's trash, give him more than 3 weeks and he will certainly prove it. It's only april lets save a little of the fellatio for a little deeper into the season....like i dont know, July, August and September. I honestly don't think he gets out of June.

Right now he's pitching ok. However, he won't be here next year, and you lost Bourn, and delayed Myers inevitable transition back to the closer role. I did not think the move was worth it. I still don't.

They rented a closer, to put myers back in the rotation, when there were better starters to be acquired.

I can't help but laugh at this.  It's one or the other with Phillies fans. 

The team or certain players get of to a slow start.  Response?  "It's April.  Check back in June and you'll see......he/they will turn it around and will be playing well!"

The team or certain players get off to a fast start.  Response?  "It's April.  Check back in June and you'll see......he/they will turn it around and will be playing like the crap that they are!"

Awesome.