2022 Flyers - Rise Of The Tortorellas

Started by Rome, October 13, 2022, 09:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Winners

I was at McGillin's tonight and the game was not on.   Nice of the funholes at the NHL to completely farg over the 35 people in each city who care enough to watch their zesty league, though.

Geowhizzer

They actually looked pretty decent tonight.  Of course, the Devils will probably be nearly as bad as the Flyers.

MDS

part of the nhl tv deal is streaming exclusivity...mlb throws some games on there. nfl does (though not in home markets). nba will next deal. this is the new reality.

it is just a terrible look to do this for the opener
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

it was on TWO streaming channels tonight and I got both...my problem with streaming isn't  availability it's that watching sports on streaming tv is horrendous
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

better get used to it

the next round of tv deals, im not sure how much cable is going to be involved in those. feels like we're heading for a world where bigger games exist on broadcast and everything else is streaming. this might be more of a 2040 thing than 2030, but the day is coming.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Well I get all sports packages cept nfl on cable and those will always be available...and I don't care about nfl cause I mostly only watch the eagles....also no chance cfb goes 95% streaming before I die

MDS

when do you plan on dying lol

cable is going to die its just a question of when. i think cfb should be safe becuse its espn's bread and butter and they can co-exist stuff on cable/streaming whereas apple or amazon are streaming only

Geowhizzer

Mark Borowiecki of the Predators had to be taken off on a stretcher after being hit near the boards.  Not dirty, but he was knocked out.

Hart standing on his head, and the Flyers are up 2-0 even being completely outplayed.

Geowhizzer

The Flyers are not the 76ers.  They have fight in them.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Tonight was Pride night for the Flyers.  Ivan Provorov caused a stir by skipping warmups rather than wearing the pride jersey.

(Side Note: DeAngelo wore the jersey.  I think Provorov was the only one that didn't.)

https://twitter.com/giana_jade/status/1615547860019290112

Geowhizzer

Horrible no-call on a trip leads to the winning Los Angeles goal in OT.

But it was Tony DeAngelo... so who cares.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 24, 2023, 09:48:46 PM
Horrible no-call on a trip leads to the winning Los Angeles goal in OT.

But it was Tony DeAngelo... so who cares.

Update:  On the slow-mo replay, looked like DeAngelo embellished.  So screw him again.

ice grillin you

The flyers have to be the most depressing worthless franchise since the mid late 90's phillies

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 21, 2023, 10:00:51 AM
The flyers have to be the most depressing worthless franchise since the mid late 90's phillies

The who?