Dead In 2022

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2022, 09:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Former Broncos, Giants and Falcons coach Dan Reeves dead at 77

Zanshin

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 01, 2022, 09:41:09 AM
Former Broncos, Giants and Falcons coach Dan Reeves dead at 77

I would have pegged him for older, actually. He pretty much always looked 77.

PhillyPhreak54

Sidney Poitier dead at 94

phattymatty

I was in a fantasy death pool about 15 years ago.  pretty farging morbid but whatever.  I know for a fact that I had portier, Desmond tutu, and Betty white all in my top ten.  I would have cleaned up this year. 

Zanshin

Quote from: phattymatty on January 07, 2022, 01:06:42 PM
I was in a fantasy death pool about 15 years ago.  pretty farging morbid but whatever.  I know for a fact that I had portier, Desmond tutu, and Betty white all in my top ten.  I would have cleaned up this year. 

Really going out on a limb there on these nearly centenarians.

QB Eagles

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

That blows he was good shtein
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

DeathSantis claim another victim.

Diomedes

Yeah we'll see.  Dead comedian is usually od or suicide.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

He was close with Norm and posted one of the best remembrances of him I heard. Wild that a few months later Bob is gone too.

https://youtu.be/yEYu-7BkNDM

PhillyPhreak54

Damn.

Philly guy and Temple grad. Just did a show last night and tweeted this morning about his up liking schedule. Sad my first thought, like Dio said, is drugs or suicide.

Geowhizzer

Those occurred to me, but at 65 with the lifestyle many performers lead, heart attack was first on my list.

EDIT:  Then again, being subjected to Disney often makes me want to kill myself.

Diomedes

Heart attack or stroke out would be high possibility as well right.

Sad news.  He was a real one.

PhillyPhreak54

Ronnie Spector dead at 78

She was the lead singer of The Ronnettes back in the 50-60's. Their top song of Be My Baby is iconic. She was married to that nutbag Phil Spector for a few years and benefited from his wall of sound in making them a big hit.