Random Musings about Fantasy Football thread

Started by Diomedes, August 03, 2013, 09:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Who should I keep in our Keeper league

Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Demaryius Thomas
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

id go andre johnson if its a ppr league (if its not a ppr league id drop out)...thomas' touches are gonna be cut into significantly by white welker

if it was me id take aj anyway...I just have a gut that hes gonna have a monster year...i think he gets in the end zone more on a hunch that arian foster breaks down this season....but take my personal feelings out of it I think you gotta give a very slight edge to thomas if for no other reason than aj has had injury issues in the past
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

These are the results from my first draft of the year...12 team with two keepers. Guys that were kept the year previous can't be kept, nor can guys that were drafted in the first 3 rounds. We had to draft way early this year because two of our guys are in europe for the entire month of august/part of september.

I had #2 overall...reached on Shady, thinking he has a big year and I'm with IGY on buying a Foster breakdown this year due to amount of touches. Martin and Spiller were kept, and it's .5 PPR and standard ESPN scoring otherwise...

QB: Tom Brady
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Chris Johnson
WR: Reggie Wayne (keeper)
WR: Danny Amendola (keeper)
W/R: Hakeem Nicks
TE: Jared Cook
K: Matt Prater
D/ST: Denver Broncos

Bench: Ryan Matthews
Bench: Shane Vereen
Bench: Stevie Johnson
Bench: Jermichael Finley
Bench: Josh Freeman
Bench: Malcolm Floyd

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

Who to keep?

WR Dez Bryant
WR Victor Cruz
TE  Rob Gronkowski

QB Cam Newton
QB RGIII?

RB  Adrian Peterson
RB  Alfred Morris

Rookie Keeper

RGIII
Alfred Morris?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

pick one:

Jamal Charles
Trent Richardson

non-ppr, TD focused league
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

also, does anybody know of an app or program that allows an ipad user to draft?  yahoo's draft website requires flash which apple doesn't allow on it's devices.

Sgt PSN

I just drafted in a yahoo league on my iPhone. It kind of sucks, but it works. Tried entering the draft room via my iPad but it wouldn't work. No idea why. 2013 version says its good for mobile.

I've only done the Keeper League for the last 3 yrs I think. Drafted in a 10 team league today. Forgot how much longer those drafts are when you've got 15 picks. I picked 9th (puke).

My squad:

T Brady

T Richardson
A Foster
D Williams
P Thomas
B Brown

V Cruz
P Garçon
T Smith
A Boldin
K Thompkins

V Davis
B Myers

Gostkowski

San Fran

SD

Held my first draft ever (live draft) at http://www.franklinseastfalls.com/. It's a non PPR league. 10 teams, snake league, I had pick #10.

RBs
Jamaal Charles
Chris Johnson
Daryll Richardson

QBs
Tom Brady
Colin Kaepernick

WRs
Randall Cobb
Vincent Jackson
Antonio Brown
Chris Givens
Alshon Jeffery
Mike Williams

TEs
Greg Olsen
Jared Cook

D
Bears

K
Josh Brown

I need to pick up another RB somewhere along the line.

Diomedes

A+
Both of those teams will win their leagues.
You will slay them all.

SunMo

Quote from: SD on September 02, 2013, 08:03:52 AM
Held my first draft ever (live draft) at http://www.franklinseastfalls.com/. It's a non PPR league. 10 teams, snake league, I had pick #10.

RBs
Jamaal Charles
Chris Johnson
Daryll Richardson

QBs
Tom Brady
Colin Kaepernick

WRs
Randall Cobb
Vincent Jackson
Antonio Brown
Chris Givens
Alshon Jeffery
Mike Williams

TEs
Greg Olsen
Jared Cook

D
Bears

K
Josh Brown

I need to pick up another RB somewhere along the line.

once you drafted brady there was no need to waste another draft asset on kapernick.  you definitely should have grabbed at least one more back.

reese125

love the scoop up of kaepernick-perfect trade bait

considering what rd you got him in he holds much higher value than a WR 2/3 or RB2. his ceiling is sky high

Tomahawk

In a 10 team PPR keeper league where we start 3 WR and 2RB (no flex) and have way too many bench spots, I had the last pick since I won last year. Kept Foster, Martin, AJ Green.

QBs
Russell Wilson
Alex Smith

RBs
Arian Foster
Doug Martin
Bernard Pierce
Christine Michael
Ben Tate
Bryce Brown

WRs
AJ Green
Randall Cobb
Pimp
TY Hilton
Michael Floyd
Brandon LaFell

TE
Jimmy Graham

SD

Quote from: reese125 on September 02, 2013, 04:56:19 PM
love the scoop up of kaepernick-perfect trade bait

considering what rd you got him in he holds much higher value than a WR 2/3 or RB2. his ceiling is sky high

My thinking as well and I've already had offers for him. But sunny is right I should have taken another back. I have first choice for waiver pick ups so I'm gonna see how it plays out before I make any moves.