Quinyon Mitchell, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 25, 2024, 10:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Really surprised he fell to 22. Great pick, huge need...still have both 2nds

QB Eagles

Lately it seems like they always get exactly who they want, and don't overpay. Crazy high value at 22 at the precise position of need. I don't necessarily trust Howie the talent evaluator, but as a strategist he's gotten really good at this.

Rome

Nice pick.  The comp he faced is a bit concerning, but his size, speed and ball skills are undeniable. 

Diomedes

not that it really amount to anything after a few years, but I'm curious to know:  Was this dude generally considered the best CB in this draft?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on April 26, 2024, 06:35:31 AMnot that it really amount to anything after a few years, but I'm curious to know:  Was this dude generally considered the best CB in this draft?

terrion arnold but it was close...not that arnold is a douche but mitchells character traits are off the charts and i suspect thats why howie gave him the nod
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Not only does he run a 4.3 he also squats over 500 lbs.

Don Ho

Chris Simms?

#22 Eagles
Quinyon Mitchell. Holy shtein the rich get richer. Best CB in the Draft. One of the 4 best defensive players in the Draft. Great feel and anticipation for what the offense wants to do. Once he gets coached a bit and learns bump n run look out
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

QuoteOn Thursday, Saban was featured in the network's 2024 NFL Draft coverage, and he made a surprising revelation about one of the highly touted defensive prospects.

The Philadelphia Eagles had the 22nd overall pick and selected former Toledo cornerback Quinyon Mitchell Thursday night.

Although Mitchell spent his entire college football career at Toledo and did not enter the transfer portal, apparently that did not diminish Alabama's interest in the star defensive back.

"He was our No. 1 guy in the portal last year to try to get him to come out of the portal, and he didn't ever get in the portal," Saban said moments after Mitchell's name came off the draft board.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.