The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

BigEd76

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 27, 2011, 12:19:04 AM
We're probably looking at something like this if Bettman gets his way:

East = Boston, Buffalo, Montreal, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Ottawa, Toronto
South = Carolina, Columbus, Florida, Philly, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Washington
Midwest = Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg
Pacific = Anaheim, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

...and if he moves Detroit to make it 16/14, they'll go in the East and New Jersey will slide to the South (with Colorado taking the vacant spot in the Midwest)

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 27, 2011, 12:40:53 AM
Bettman mentioned "East" and "South", but "Northeast" and "Atlantic" makes more sense.  The only bad thing (?) is that it splits up the Flyers and Penguins again.

Northeast = Boston, Buffalo, Columbus, Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Toronto
Atlantic = Carolina, Florida, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Philly, Tampa Bay, Washington

So it looks like the bolded divisions will happen next year with the proposed realignment.  Detroit agreed to stay in the West if they only had to visit California and Vancouver once a year.  It also looks like they're going back to the old way for the playoffs, where teams faced division rivals for the first two rounds...

MDS

yea nothing says rivalry like hurricanes/panthers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i was listening to sports radio dc today on the way home and this wasnt mentioned at all...they were more concerned with whether john beck should be starting over rex grossman
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Foreskin radio?

Mckenzie did have a good point that Ovi needed his wings clipped and this was a good thing for them. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 31, 2011, 11:08:34 AM
Quote from: BigEd76 on June 27, 2011, 12:19:04 AM
We're probably looking at something like this if Bettman gets his way:

East = Boston, Buffalo, Montreal, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Ottawa, Toronto
South = Carolina, Columbus, Florida, Philly, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Washington
Midwest = Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg
Pacific = Anaheim, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

...and if he moves Detroit to make it 16/14, they'll go in the East and New Jersey will slide to the South (with Colorado taking the vacant spot in the Midwest)

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 27, 2011, 12:40:53 AM
Bettman mentioned "East" and "South", but "Northeast" and "Atlantic" makes more sense.  The only bad thing (?) is that it splits up the Flyers and Penguins again.

Northeast = Boston, Buffalo, Columbus, Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Toronto
Atlantic = Carolina, Florida, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Philly, Tampa Bay, Washington

So it looks like the bolded divisions will happen next year with the proposed realignment.  Detroit agreed to stay in the West if they only had to visit California and Vancouver once a year.  It also looks like they're going back to the old way for the playoffs, where teams faced division rivals for the first two rounds...

pannaccio just reported that theres no chance the flyers and pens will be separated

Seabiscuit36

So Kaleta got 4 games for being a head butting flag.  Shanahans's words

MDS

why dont they just have 1 big division each conference

that way the southern teams can wallow at the bottom of the standings and the charade of 1 of them making the playoffs can be over
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Carolina and Tampa both recently won Stanley Cups, sportswriter.

And a team that plays 10 minutes from Disneyland did too.

If you insist on insulting a league you know nothing about, try the LPGA.  It's got women and golf, neither of which you have any hope of playing.

MDS

good lord is it romes day or what

back2back titles

ice grillin you

first time really watching the new tampa uniforms tonight and they are awesome

BigEd76

Hitchcock is back.  Just took over the Blues

ice grillin you

QB Eagles

Crosby comes back against the Isles tomorrow. I'll be rooting for another concussion.