Hippos

Started by Yeti, April 16, 2010, 03:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Watching a show on Netflix last night about carnivores and they said the Wild Dogs of Africa are the most successful hunters in the world. They kill 80% of the prey they go after. They can hunt in packs of up to 80! Ugly little basterds, and not much in size but they are relentless. New found respect for the Wild Dog

taking on hyenas(easily the most bad ass dogs on planet)

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

The last one looks like the Eagles' defensive line.

hbionic

What I remember hearing about Hyenas was that they eat bone as well...not just flesh...which makes them badder ass!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

mussa

Pigs eat through bone as well, just sayin...
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

I've always wanted a Rhodesian Ridgeback

My neighbors had one, farging badass dog, and good with humans.  They're lion tamers..
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

That dog has a tramp stamp.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

If you've never seen Air Jaws: Sharks of South Africa, next time Discovery Channel does their shark week, watch it. Sharks come to seal island and form "the ring of death". It's a seal smorgasbord for the Great White.

shorebird

mussa

Yeti

I would like to get a couple of those wild dogs and them to sic any Jehovahs witnesses that come knocking on the door.

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

ice grillin you

there hasnt been anything new on shark week in at least 20 years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I know, it just keeps getting better.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Yeti

Hbionic

shorebird

Great White fact:

Even with all the exploration that goes on today, almost nothing is known about the Great Whites mating habits.

Pregnant female Great Whites have been examined. The pups jaws start developing at one month, and the stronger pups will consume the weaker ones while in the uterus.

Yeti

Great White Pup.  This cat is crazy.  But I just read that Great White Moms don't eat while giving birth.
Still................... :-\

Hbionic