Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 21, 2012, 02:03:41 PM
Where does the line get drawn on where the victims can stop deciding what Penn St has to do?   

The line gets drawn at the statue. Everything else with regards to the program should be left up to the NCAA. The statue is the lightning rod and if the abuse victims give it the thumbs up or thumbs down it's the right decision and nobody would be able to say shtein.

PoopyfaceMcGee

"Unprecedented" sanctions to be announced by NCAA tomorrow morning. Based on timing of announcement, most are assuming decisions were made along with current PSU leadership, not unilaterally by the NCAA.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on July 22, 2012, 08:39:20 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 21, 2012, 02:03:41 PM
Where does the line get drawn on where the victims can stop deciding what Penn St has to do?   

The line gets drawn at the statue. Everything else with regards to the program should be left up to the NCAA. The statue is the lightning rod and if the abuse victims give it the thumbs up or thumbs down it's the right decision and nobody would be able to say shtein.

It's a moot point now since the statue is coming down anyway, but I still disagree.  I get your logic but don't like the idea of victims making institutional decisions.  Let the big boys running the school make the grown up decisions.  I think it's more "symbolic" for the school to say that the statue comes down than the victims. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD on July 22, 2012, 08:39:20 AMThe statue is the lightning rod and if the abuse victims give it the thumbs up or thumbs down it's the right decision and nobody would be able to say shtein.

The statue has become a lightning rod regardless of what the victims think, and that's why it's being taken down.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Death penalty unlikely but expected punishment to be more crippling to the program long-term.

phattymatty

so we're going to let 20 something year old kids make a decision on what happens to a school of 60K+ and employs how many thousands? what the farg is wrong with everyone.

it's an awful situation and obviously all the people involved need to get the boot and be punished but the whole statue situation is just a media created topic so everyone can stand on their soapboxes and say what the right thing to do is. i personally don't give a shtein if the statue is there or thrown in the garbage, but do you really think the victims are going to be all better once it's gone? i know it's a symbol and all and i guess i understand but people need to stop saying take it down for the victims because i really doubt the whole topic of the statue came from any of them. unless it did, then i take it all back.

Diomedes

I'd like to see the death penalty for the entire university.  Napalm the place and then plant it over with poison ivy.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

QuoteNCAA president Mark Emmert has decided to punish Penn State with severe penalties likely to include a significant loss of scholarships and loss of multiple bowls, a source close to the decision told ESPN's Joe Schad on Sunday morning.

DH

60MM fine
Scholarship reductions from 25 to 15 for 4 years
4 year bowl ban
All wins from 98-11 vacated

WOW.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

im gld they went back to 98 and not just 2001
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: DH on July 23, 2012, 09:16:14 AM
60MM fine
Scholarship reductions from 25 to 15 for 4 years
4 year bowl ban
All wins from 98-11 vacated

WOW.

Nevermind I read the last one wrong. They dropped the hammer.

SunMo

i went back through and it appears to be 112 wins gone
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

the taking away of the wins doesnt mean anything....everyone knows they won those games....

im just glad they didnt ignore the 98 charges and the fact that people at penn state including joe clearly were aware of them...becaue that in turn shows just how awful the 2001 cover up truly is and of course everything that happened since then
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 23, 2012, 09:40:15 AM
the taking away of the wins doesnt mean anything....everyone knows they won those games....

im just glad they didnt ignore the 98 charges and the fact that people at penn state including joe clearly were aware of them...becaue that in turn shows just how awful the 2001 cover up truly is and of course everything that happened since then

Agreed. I read the last one wrong and edited my post.

I guess Bowden and Eddie Robinson are the win leaders now.