Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Casual fans pissed because he's not a bigger name.
Connected alums/football players pissed because he's not a "Penn State" guy.
I'm only annoyed because they let nothing slip for two months and then let LaCanfora and Mortensen leak it before they informed the guys out attempting to salvage their recruiting class.

But the good news? Adrian Coxson has already expressed interest in transferring to UPS.

Buttchin.

rjs246

I don't understand why they wouldn't just keep Bradley for the short term. Let him absorb the fallout from all of this. Let him coach the terrible recruiting classes they're going to have. Let him be the face of a dying program for a few years until all of this passes. He wants the job anyway, let him have it. Then, when the dust settles, go get that big name guy to be the savior of the program. Getting a mid-level coach who no one actually wants seems like a supremely stupid idea.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

agreed on the bradley thing in relation to the coaching position but theres no way they could have anyone even remotely associated with the previous admin

i imagine once bradley were to be named the permanent HC the digging starts and there are articles on every golf tournament he ever played in with sandusky...every third mile donation he made every thrid mile banquet he attended...every football camp he and sandusky were at....all the practices sandusky attended when bradley was DC...ect... ect...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

O'Brien's already hiring his former Duke buddies as coaches.  The new RB coach is Titans offensive QC coach Charles London, who was a scout for the Eagles in 2010

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2012, 10:09:23 AM
agreed on the bradley thing in relation to the coaching position but theres no way they could have anyone even remotely associated with the previous admin

Good point.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on January 06, 2012, 10:28:15 AM

Good point.

I agree completely with IGY here, but here's the problem:
-Joyner and Lupert told a large group of former players that if they got 100+ former players to sign off on Bradley, they would more seriously consider keeping him. Absolutely no good reason to do that, and they should have been clear from the start that he was not a viable candidate.
-The entire current coaching staff has still not been told anything. Bob Kraft is commenting on the hire and congratulating O'Brien before they even had the common decency to give Bradley/LJ/etc a phone call.

This Board of Trustees is a chickenshtein piece of garbage, and it's no wonder that a pedo was allowed to roam free for over a decade under their watch. CLEAN HOUSE.

PoopyfaceMcGee

On a lighter note, the rumor of the day is that PSU could have had Gruden but they refused to give him an escape clause to take a NFL job in his contract. Thinking about that is much more fun than thinking about the truth.

ice grillin you

they hired bill obrien for a reason...you really think any non delusional penn state fan thinks gruden would ever go there

shtein gruden wouldnt go there if the place wasnt a little boy rape factory

PoopyfaceMcGee

O'Brien is a fine hire anyway, IMO. But they literally couldn't have gone about it in worse fashion. Complete botch job from start to finish.

rjs246

The university has botched everything about this for as far back as you care to go. Cover up, letting Paterno dangle out in front of the media then when he had been vilified enough unceremoniously firing him, the search for a replacement. All of it has been a farging disaster.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on January 06, 2012, 12:06:20 PM
The university has botched everything about this for as far back as you care to go. Cover up, letting Paterno dangle out in front of the media then when he had been vilified enough unceremoniously firing him, the search for a replacement. All of it has been a farging disaster.

It's a good thing Penn State was already known for having an awful Communications curriculum.

ice grillin you

the obrien hire is fine because anyone more qualified than him wouldnt take the job

i mean its not fair to criticize whoever they hired as they should just be happy they have a head coach next year

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 06, 2012, 11:42:37 AM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 06, 2012, 10:28:15 AM

Good point.

I agree completely with IGY here, but here's the problem:
-Joyner and Lupert told a large group of former players that if they got 100+ former players to sign off on Bradley, they would more seriously consider keeping him. Absolutely no good reason to do that, and they should have been clear from the start that he was not a viable candidate.
-The entire current coaching staff has still not been told anything. Bob Kraft is commenting on the hire and congratulating O'Brien before they even had the common decency to give Bradley/LJ/etc a phone call.

This Board of Trustees is a chickenshtein piece of garbage, and it's no wonder that a pedo was allowed to roam free for over a decade under their watch. CLEAN HOUSE.

This is the biggest problem I have with this whole thing. Can't say that I am thrilled with the hire though either.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2012, 12:15:40 PM
the obrien hire is fine because anyone more qualified than him wouldnt take the job

i mean its not fair to criticize whoever they hired as they should just be happy they have a head coach next year

Based on the timing and the way they went about it, you absolutely have to be right. There had to be some "interest" from some of these rumored parties causing the long timeline, but ultimately pulling the trigger to agree to be the next coach at PedoBear University was a no go. So, they struck out on everyone good in a painful way, then took the safety candidate in messy fashion.

rjs246

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 06, 2012, 12:07:50 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 06, 2012, 12:06:20 PM

It's a good thing Penn State was already known for having an awful Communications curriculum.

Everyone's a farging comedian.

Let them eat bootstraps.