Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

you really think the alums are gonna stand pat while they sink even further into mediocrity? is jim delany even gonna allow this?

they have to at least make a play at chip kelly or jim harbaugh (if hes not in sf) or something. tcu dude, boise cat--one of those even.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

penn state alums dont give a farg.....this isnt a sec program...or even ohio st or michigan....most pennsyltuckians care way more about graduation rates and doing things the right way than they do about winning....otherwise joe would have been gone 10 years ago
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

then why do you like this team if they are so clearly not interested in winning titles

in fact why do you like the bcs because the big 10 is essentially the power broker in that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i dont like the bcs...i like bowls
i am anti playoff not pro bcs

ive liked penn state since i was a kid....am i gonna stop liking the sixers cause ed snider doesnt care about them?

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 29, 2010, 02:12:34 AM

since i just death to the bcs...im in the mood

you do realize there can be playoffs AND bowls?

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 29, 2010, 02:14:03 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 29, 2010, 02:12:34 AM

since i just death to the bcs...im in the mood

you do realize there can be playoffs AND bowls?

yeah i dont want a playoff period

MDS

that doesnt make any sense

so you dont want tcu, oregon and auburn to systematically decide who is better you want this all to be determined by preseason rankings holding and coaches/writers polls?

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 29, 2010, 02:19:47 AM
so you dont want tcu, oregon and auburn to systematically decide who is better

no

Quote from: MDS on December 29, 2010, 02:19:47 AM
you want this all to be determined by preseason rankings holding and coaches/writers polls?

no by post season ap and coaches polls...same way it was done for the 100 years before the bcs

MDS

lol what?

that is one of the most backwards, awful things ive ever heard in my entire life. you are the only person on earth who wants to revert back to old, broken system that rarely if ever actually awarded the national title to the correct team.

i cant believe that. so you dont even auburn and oregon playing. oregon should play wisconsin in the rose bowl and auburn should play whoever in the sugar bowl. tcu would not even be in a real bowl because they arent in a power conference. if everyone wins its up to coaches who dont watch the games and crusty old sports writers to determine who is better.

listen to yourself

ice grillin you

i love it that way

to this day i still get in arguments over who was better in 94...penn state or nebraska...its what makes the sport so great

in college basketball people remember gay little cinderfellas like george washington making a final four but dont even remember who won it all that year....thats fun

MDS

you are the only person who thinks like this. in the world. taking stupid meaningless arguments about who was better in 1994 over, you know, them actually playing.

in fact the bcs makes college football worse..it prevents good teams from playing each other not only in the playoffs but in non conference since quality wins and location of those wins means nothing

and i remember who won national title games...but cinderellas are what college sports are all about.

ice grillin you

they do actually play...for 12 weeks they play...

you wanna be in the title hunt in cfb?

lose less games

cbb plays a totally meaningless and worthless four months of games and then has a tournament to decide it all...and thats fine....but i much prefer cfb's system to cbb's

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 29, 2010, 02:07:41 AM
penn state alums dont give a farg.....this isnt a sec program...or even ohio st or michigan....most pennsyltuckians care way more about graduation rates and doing things the right way than they do about winning....otherwise joe would have been gone 10 years ago

I have to agree with MDS they will probably go after a big time coach.  I think the graduation rate thing is way overblown.  The only reason Joe Pa wasn't ran out is because he is the reason PSU is what it is today.  There is way too much money tied into that program for them to hire some scab.  I don't think it is a coincidence that Bradley's name was mentioned for other vacancies. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 29, 2010, 09:57:56 AM
they do actually play...for 12 weeks they play...

no they dont, unless its in conference and unless its usc

florida hasnt played a non conference games outside the state in a decade
sec teams routinely load up with 2 AA teams in non conference
penn state rarely if ever challenges itself outside of the big 10 and on top of that the big 10 blows

there is no incentive to play difficult non conference games, and with this 12+ team leagues often times the good teams dont play each other every season unless its a rivalry like osy/michigan or bama/auburn

everyones season boils down to 2-3 games and avoiding an upset on other weeks

if you have an 8 or 16 team tourney and offer home field to the top seed until the title game, id say that will be a pretty good reason to keep playing. 11 auto bids + 5 at larges. dont think that will dilute the product that much.

Quoteyou wanna be in the title hunt in cfb?

lose less games

well tcu didnt lose any games and they are playing a boring big 10 team in the rose bowl

auburn didnt lose any games in 04 and they got jack shtein

boise and tcu didnt lose any games last year and they played each other in the reject fiesta bowl

the whole thing is a farce and you know it

Quotecbb plays a totally meaningless and worthless four months of games and then has a tournament to decide it all...and thats fine....but i much prefer cfb's system to cbb's

in a way, yes and in a way no

generally you need to have a top 3 seed in cbb to win a title...so if you check out during the regular season or wait until the conference tourney to turn it on you can still get in but your path will be much too hard to overcome. for teams that arent exactly title contenders, simply getting into the party is good enough. and being one of 64 alive out of 310 teams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> being one of 72 alive out of 110 teams. i.e. making the san diego credit country ponsiednta bullshtein bowl means dick while someone being a 15 seed or 16 seed is actually pretty cool.

if you honestly dont want to see something like 8 seed boise @ 1 seed auburn and 2 seed oregon vs. 7 seed ohio state then i dont know what to tell you.

PoopyfaceMcGee

All this thread needs is more Munson and probably a McNabb reference or two, and it will have really become awesome.