Jalyx Hunt, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2024, 11:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

From football hotbed Houston Christian

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Apparently one of Fangio's favorite players in the draft

SD

Wreaks of Gocong/Bryan Smith/Davion Taylor

ice grillin you

This is the freedom you get from having spent a billion dollars in the offseason solidifying a roster....he wont play a meaningful down this year and maybe ever which is nuts for a third rounder
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

J, you know much about this school?

Wish birds took Lifau!  Punahou School, my alma mater
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2024, 11:12:40 PMThis is the freedom you get from having spent a billion dollars in the offseason solidifying a roster....he wont play a meaningful down this year and maybe ever which is nuts for a third rounder

Correct! 

MDS

Quote from: SD on April 26, 2024, 11:12:01 PMWreaks of Gocong/Bryan Smith/Davion Taylor

yup. little early for a project that will never come to fruition but you gotta give old man vic a W
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on April 26, 2024, 11:13:58 PMJ, you know much about this school?

Wish birds took Lifau!  Punahou School, my alma mater

Not much! Used to be Houston Baptist University and Bailey Zappe went there

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on April 26, 2024, 11:16:13 PM
Quote from: SD on April 26, 2024, 11:12:01 PMWreaks of Gocong/Bryan Smith/Davion Taylor

yup. little early for a project that will never come to fruition but you gotta give old man vic a W

Those are some great names from draft picks gone boom. And the linebacker from San Diego State, was it Matt McCoy? 

PhillyPhreak54

I still think they meant to pick Kirk Morrison that draft and turned in the card for the wrong SDSU LB

QB Eagles

First pick ever selected from HCU. Even more damning, he played for my alma mater Cornell before transferring.

Don't mind him as a multiyear project. Has the physical tools to be fun on special teams at least, and you have to figure he's never been exposed to real coaching. Only way you get difference makers in the #90s and beyond is by sheer luck anyway, so let Fangio have his guy.

Don Ho

QuotePOSITIVES

— Good frame, long arms and a high-level athlete with 9.16 RAS out of 10.

— Has some speed to win around the edge as a pass-rusher.

— Decent bend to turn a tight corner at the top of the rush.

— Has decent use of hands to help keep offensive linemen off his body, particularly for someone new to the position; the 34⅜" arms help.

NEGATIVES

— A tick late to react to the snap.

— Needs to add sand in his pants to hold ground against the run. Concedes ground to tight ends.

— Lacks the strength to effectively turn speed to power as a rusher.

— New to the position and very raw. Major project.

Don Ho

QuoteOVERALL

Jalyx Hunt began his college career as a safety at Cornell before switching schools and positions in 2022. He put on weight and was listed as a defensive end/linebacker at Houston Christian, and he's the type of draft prospect one would expect from someone making the switch from defensive back to edge.

Hunt may get drafted because of his physical traits alone, as he has a good frame with impressive length and movement skills. That helps him be an effective pass-rusher by winning with speed or as the looper on line games and stunts. He also has decent bend to corner at the top of the rush.

Hunt does have a habit of losing contain when rushing the passer, and he needs a lot of work against the run. But overall, he's an intriguing prospect who put up some impressive testing numbers at the NFL combine that are worth taking a chance on, especially if he goes undrafted.

Let's regroup in 3 years.

Rome

Safety to linebacker is tough sledding at any level much less the NFL.  Also - would this dude not have been available later today?  Why does this team always have to pull this shtein?  I know they trust their scouting staff, but come on.   I hope he works out, but good god.