Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2010, 09:08:58 AM
happ is going to struggle because (a) he isnt that good to begin with (b) his numbers last year say he wont be lucky again....he led the league in hit balls that were caught and getting people out behind in the count or some geek stats like that...normally i dont agree with the billy beane type stuff but that is telling because it just doesnt happen two years in a row to guys...i just dont see how happ is even close to as good as last year in terms of his winning %

mets arent going to challenge the phillies but the point is the phils went 27-9 last year against the bottom dwellers...this year lets say they go 23-13...still great but less wins for the team

I don't think he'll fall as hard as Kendrick did but I'm with your line of thinking otherwise. J always says 'stop nibbling and give him the good stuff', the problem is his good stuff would be launched over the fence if he used it too much.

mpmcgraw

This is the problem when people only use stats when it's convenient to their argument like IGY just admitted to. 

He's wrong.  Happ is an average to slightly above average pitcher, his splits are no where near as bad as Kenrick's were who is still awful in case any of you had any doubt and Happ is a solid #4 or great #5 pitcher in the MLB. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

Unfortunately for you I live in New Jersey which unlike Texas has laws against that kind of tomfoolery. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dalton on April 01, 2010, 01:23:00 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2010, 09:08:58 AM
happ is going to struggle because (a) he isnt that good to begin with (b) his numbers last year say he wont be lucky again....he led the league in hit balls that were caught and getting people out behind in the count or some geek stats like that...normally i dont agree with the billy beane type stuff but that is telling because it just doesnt happen two years in a row to guys...i just dont see how happ is even close to as good as last year in terms of his winning %

mets arent going to challenge the phillies but the point is the phils went 27-9 last year against the bottom dwellers...this year lets say they go 23-13...still great but less wins for the team

I don't think he'll fall as hard as Kendrick did but I'm with your line of thinking otherwise. J always says 'stop nibbling and give him the good stuff', the problem is his good stuff would be launched over the fence if he used it too much.

yeah i didnt mean to insinuate hes a kendrick case...kendrick you could watch for one of his good starts and know he sucked...happ is much tricker to figure

Quote from: KDS on April 01, 2010, 01:48:08 PM
i think id like to kill you

lol...i wanna know why he makes every other post with a different screen name
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Let's have a chat about Brett Myers' VORP.

Rome

Let's have a chat about my brains being splattered all over the wall behind my couch instead.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on April 01, 2010, 05:48:22 PM
Let's have a chat about my brains being splattered all over the wall behind my couch instead.

how will you be in the conversation then ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PoopyfaceMcGee

This is the closest :CF gets to existentialism.

Sgt PSN

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5048078

doug glanville to join espn and will contribute on bbtn and espn the magazine.  :yay

PhillyPhreak54

New SI in the mailbox today...

Halladay's on the cover.

SD

SD

I have 4 tickets to tonights game, just got them. 7:05 start, anyone wants them shoot me a pm.

Don Ho

Quote from: Dalton on April 02, 2010, 05:19:56 AM

I hope these aren't regional covers and we get some dip shtein from the Dodgers on the cover.  Probably get Linsucum.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

It's not.  I bought one at the 7-11 yesterday near my house.