The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

how disappointing is the espn book since they didnt go into details about all the athlete cock erin digested

otherwise its a sensational read
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Ok, it's one thing when Terry gets stuffed by the rim.  But when you're 7' it's pretty inexcusable. 

ice grillin you

dallas has seven players that have double digit years in the league and no ring....thats just incredible
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

did brendan haywood really just miss an uncontested dunk under the basket? jesus christ.

marc jacksons comment was gold.

ice grillin you

if brendan haywood had really short shorts he would have been perfect back in the 80's jumping one inch off the floor to give larry bird a high five

ice grillin you

say what you want about the sport itself and i know its not for everyone but that aside is there a better production in all of sports than nba games...breen van gundy and jackson are the best booth in the business and other than stuart scott and chris webber there isnt anyone involved with the nba from espn/abc/tnt who isnt superb....

ice grillin you

why is mike miller in a game late where the heat have a seven point lead

ice grillin you

whats so impressive about the heat is their conditioning...the old theory that you make the great players work on the defensive end doesnt apply to them...they can lock up their man and score 35 pts in a game....you just dont see that...and its due to the shape they are in

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 31, 2011, 11:08:52 PM
say what you want about the sport itself and i know its not for everyone but that aside is there a better production in all of sports than nba games...breen van gundy and jackson are the best booth in the business and other than stuart scott and chris webber there isnt anyone involved with the nba from espn/abc/tnt who isnt superb....

I'd have to agree although I also think that of the 4 major sports, basketball is by far the easiest to follow on tv. Very rarely do you lose site of the action unlike football or baseball and you're not trying to follow an itty bitty puck like hockey.  I know you're talking about the production work and crew, but I think it's probably the easiest sport to do on tv. Not a lot of downtime like football or baseball which gives announcers too much time to stay stupid ish between plays, which probably plays into the better production value.

ice grillin you

as someone who has had the nba package for 15 years i can tell you that there are many atrocious announcers in the league

and the sixers currently have the worst in the league

Sgt PSN

Team announcers sure....I thought you were comparing network NBA productions to NFL, MLB and NHL. I think NBA on ESPN is better production wise than even the NFL.

ice grillin you

i am and the nba is tops and not because its easier to announce but because the league and networks hire the right people

if you go local the nba has as many terrible announcers as any other sport so its not like the game is easier to call

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

Didn't he do that in 2007?