Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

The Palm Wasabi Mashed Potatoes are good stuff. 

ice grillin you

all you need to know about applebees is my girl is the chain restautrant queen...she loves just about all of them and would eat at one every night if she could...and yet she despises applebees

i didnt know the palm had wasabi mashed potatos murp...not that id get them but its one of my favorite places and ive enever noticed them...palm has the best prime rib ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

MURP

i was there about 2 months ago with some people from work and the one girl ordered them.  they were awesome.  I am not sure if they are on the menu all the time though. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 10, 2007, 10:32:02 AM
I had a delicious steak at Applebee's last weekend.   I know it's sacrilege to talk about places like that but farg it.  It was excellent.

It's a New York Strip smothered in garlic & mushrooms.  I got a double portion of aspargus in lieu of the mashed potato concoction they usually serve.  The asparagus was cooked exactly right.  Not too tender but still crisp enough to have a bit of a snap.

Very tasty and fairly reasonable at $15.99.  Nice drink specials at the place too.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2007, 10:35:54 AM
romey you clearly have no idea what a delicious steak is

and forget the chain restaurant talk applebees is probably the worst restaurant in the country period...it makes fridays and bennigans look like the palm

Quote from: rjs246 on April 10, 2007, 10:40:10 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2007, 10:35:54 AM
and forget the chain restaurant talk applebees is probably the worst restaurant in the country period...it makes fridays and bennigans look like the palm

this

Funny, I went to Applebee's on Easter for dinner and had the sirloin.  I thought it was delicious as well.  I used to love their Zesty Ranch salad, then they stopped serving it.  bastiches.

We were going to go to the Golden Corral (I think that's the name) buffet place, but the line was wrapped around the building to get in.

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 09, 2007, 09:51:54 AM
im not down with moroccan food but 'chicken pie' sound delicious

actually that was the worst course.  the chicken inside was good, and the pastry was good, but there was also a shtein load of scrambled eggs and nuts inside.  and it was covered in powdered sugar.  not nearly as gross as it sounds, but not one of the better ones.

and we just happened to be at that course when they turned the lights off and a belly dancer came out, so you couldn't tell if you were grabbing some chicken or some egg.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 10, 2007, 01:03:49 PM
We were going to go to the Golden Corral (I think that's the name) buffet place, but the line was wrapped around the building to get in.

The fact you were actually going to go to Golden Corral on Easter Sunday disqualifies you from any food-related opinion ever again in the future.  Wow, man.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 10, 2007, 02:31:03 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 10, 2007, 01:03:49 PM

The fact you were actually going to go to Golden Corral on Easter Sunday disqualifies you from any food-related opinion ever again in the future.  Wow, man.

Wasn't my choice - then again, neither was the Applebee's.  Have to blame Mother Geo for that one.  She's 60 and into buffets.

I've never actually been in a Golden Corral to eat before.  What's it like?

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2007, 02:43:57 PM
like the cafeteria at alcatraz

that's too kind - probably more like the cafeteria at Abu Ghraib

Rome

LOL @ Golden Corral.

"Everyone Deserves A Good Meal!"

Eaglez

Buddy's Pizza is good if you like Deep Dish. But I think it's a Detroit thing so I don't know if they have an franchises outside of the area.

Has anyone tried BD's Mongolian BBQ? Its pretty much a stir fry buffet. They have a bunch of stuff like lamb, good pork, a bunch of different steaks and some pretty fresh vegetables with a lot of sauces. It's a pretty good place to eat if you like stir fry. You take all the raw materials up to the grill and the grillers prepare it for you. I think it's $13.99 for all you can eat. It's not a bad place to check out if one is around your area.

PhillyPhreak54

Susquehanna Birder

I think the people at Alcatraz looked better. And behaved better, too.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 10, 2007, 04:11:56 PM
LOL @ Golden Corral.

"Everyone Deserves A Good Meal!"

"...But You Can't Always Get One, So Come Eat Our Piles of Crap Instead!"