Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Good...damn freeloaders. Now let's give another tax break to the 1%! They've earned it

ice grillin you

makes me so farging angry.....its just beyond reprehensible
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

So do something about it.  Volunteer at a local food bank.  I do with my daughter and it's actually productive.  It might be a minor thing in the grand scheme of things but at least we're trying to help in our own small way. 

ice grillin you

i give away more money to charities than you probably make in a year....dont farging tell me what to do

also thats not even close to the point but per usual you are 100% wrong or confused on 95% of everything you say

Rome

You're upset because the government is turning its back on poor people.  Is that right?

I am too.  I'm doing something about it other than just cutting a check (which I also do btw). 

And I am thrilled that you give money away.  That's awesome of you.  I'm not sure why you feel the need to remind everyone here that you're a rich guy.  I doubt anyone cares.  I know I don't. 

Munson

Bringing up individual action in the face of public policy nightmares is dumb. It's on "don't like climate change? Recycle more!" Level of dumb
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 04, 2019, 04:10:11 PM
You're upset because the government is turning its back on poor people.  Is that right?

I am too.  I'm doing something about it other than just cutting a check (which I also do btw). 

And I am thrilled that you give money away.  That's awesome of you.  I'm not sure why you feel the need to remind everyone here that you're a rich guy.  I doubt anyone cares.  I know I don't.

I'm almost positive now you don't do or give a god  damn thing to anyone...you are clearly trying to hard...but honestly I don't give a farg if you feel a need to tout fictional giving on a message board ....you are allowed to give nothing and still be pissed about policy

Rome

Rome

Quote from: Munson on December 04, 2019, 04:17:07 PM
Bringing up individual action in the face of public policy nightmares is dumb. It's on "don't like climate change? Recycle more!" Level of dumb

But screaming about it on a message board is productive and intelligent?   Gotcha.

Munson

One can discuss something on a message board and also participate in extra-message board activities to either sway policy or act individually. Certainly don't think anyone here is saying "don't like it? Go bitch on a message board about it and actually do something!"
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I act individually (actually with my daughter) to do something about it.  That's my contribution to this specific issue since I have no chance to sway anyone in power.

And yes, I do give to charities.  Not as much as some but certainly more than others.  I do what I can with my limited finances. 

Well, I did actually donate to Beto's campaign, so in a way I did try to influence policy this year.  So much for that.

Munson

WEll yeah, but I think the point is that your response was "if you don't like that policy that's being enacted, go do something about it by donating time/money to poor people!" which 1. insinuates that someone posting here isn't doing those things, and 2. that individual actions like that are on the same level of effectiveness as federal policy is. It's a way to shame people/make them feel responsible for starving poor people instead of focusing on the govt being derelict in their duty to make sure people in the richest country in the world aren't going hungry.

Rome

In case anyone is interested, this is the food bank at my daughter's college:

https://www.unf.edu/sg/lendawing/About_Us.aspx

It's a terrific organization that helps students in need.   They accept donations of all sorts but money is king for them. 

Rome

Munson... I am over being outraged.  I have decided that since I can't do a thing to change the monstrous administration in charge until next November, I'm concentrating on acting locally. 

I'm doing what I can do to make it a little better for those in my immediate sight.  That's it. 

ice grillin you

that you don't even realize you have approximately 7000 outrage posts in this thread alone and now in a 180 that occurred about three hours ago are trying to tell other adults not only to not get outraged but what to do with their time and money is self delusional psychosis on the highest level