Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Embrace Biden and hope his senility stays in check until November. Sanders/Warren squabble gave him a boost.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

SD

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on January 15, 2020, 09:59:16 AM
He can't beat Trump.

Hil lost because she didn't get the black vote. He has the black vote and PA's a flip. Nothing is definite but who do you think has a better shot?

phattymatty

honestly we're all farged because uncle joe probably has the best shot to win but he's losing his mind more every day.

can't believe I'm even saying this but I might be falling onto the bernie bandwagon.  obviously i'll vote for whoever and I think it should probably be warren but adding in the electability factor, whether that right or not, i think I see bernie as the best shot.  and also i do whatever AOC tells me to.

yay old white men.

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on January 15, 2020, 11:59:18 AM
honestly we're all farged because uncle joe probably has the best shot to win but he's losing his mind more every day.

can't believe I'm even saying this but I might be falling onto the bernie bandwagon.  obviously i'll vote for whoever and I think it should probably be warren but adding in the electability factor, whether that right or not, i think I see bernie as the best shot.  and also i do whatever AOC tells me to.

yay old white men.

^ Gets it

Diomedes

For the sake of argument, let's agree that Hillary lost because she didn't get the black vote in large enough numbers in critical states.  [I don't think you can pin her loss on that, but leave that aside for a different argument.]

Do you really think Biden pulls more African American votes than Hillary did?  He may poll better with African Americans than the other current candidates, but that doesn't mean they're coming out to vote for him in force.  He isn't black, afterall.  He was black adjacent once upon a time, and he enjoys some of the afterglow from that, but it's fading.   What's more, Biden will certainly not get any of the young people out, regardless their race.  Make him the nominee and their reaction will be "Ok, boomer.  Whatever," and stay home. 

SD

Biden overwhelmingly polls better with black voters than any Dem candidate. He won't get Obama level turnout but he'll far surpass Hillary. Also if the midterms are any indication Dem voters will come out in droves. Nobody cared for Hillary and most assumed she'd win in a landslide, Biden benefits from Trump, Dems will come out in force just to get him out of office. I'm not excited by Biden, my choices would be Amy K or Mayor Pete but if it's Biden then we fight on that Biden.

Diomedes

I'm not a betting man but if Biden is the nominee,  I'll be looking forward to comparing his AA support to Hillary's and revisiting this discussion.   I say they would draw similar numbers you say not.  Maybe we'll see.

Munson

Biden would probably win, but so would Bernie or Warren. For mostly different reasons.

In other news, those violent left wingers are at it again...
https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/1217549126788964357