We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Waffle House shooter was told to wear a mask, Colorado police say

QuoteAn arrest affidavit alleges suspect Kelvin Watson, 27, attempted to purchase takeout food when he was told by a cook that he could not order without a mask.

The suspect allegedly returned later that night with a mask, which he was not wearing, and was again turned away by the same cook. He then placed a gun on the counter and told the man, "I can blow your brains out right now," a witness told police, according to the affidavit.

He returned Friday, was rejected a third time, and slapped the cook before opening fire, the affidavit alleged.

The victim was running when he was shot in the chest or abdomen, the report says.

The suspect, described in the affidavit as a regular customer, was tracked down through witness descriptions and a 2013 BMW sedan people in the restaurant said the shooter used, police said in the affidavit.

No one could have foreseen that a BMW owner would be an entitled icehole and an idiot.

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on May 20, 2020, 06:53:21 PM
Waffle House shooter was told to wear a mask, Colorado police say

QuoteAn arrest affidavit alleges suspect Kelvin Watson, 27, attempted to purchase takeout food when he was told by a cook that he could not order without a mask.

The suspect allegedly returned later that night with a mask, which he was not wearing, and was again turned away by the same cook. He then placed a gun on the counter and told the man, "I can blow your brains out right now," a witness told police, according to the affidavit.

He returned Friday, was rejected a third time, and slapped the cook before opening fire, the affidavit alleged.

The victim was running when he was shot in the chest or abdomen, the report says.

The suspect, described in the affidavit as a regular customer, was tracked down through witness descriptions and a 2013 BMW sedan people in the restaurant said the shooter used, police said in the affidavit.

No one could have foreseen that a BMW owner would be an entitled icehole and an idiot.

Probably didn't use his blinkers either. Lock him up!

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I've been working at the office since this started.  We've had WFH in place for most employees although that's ebbed as things have opened up a bit. 

Anyway, I was talking with my colleague and we have not heard of a single co-worker in our entire department who's been ill.   I'm not talking about with COVID either.  I mean just sick with a cold. 

It's the oddest thing.  Obviously with fewer bodies around there's fewer germs but I think the intense adherence to social distancing and frequent hand-washing has been a great success for us. 

We've been lucky too, no doubt, but if this nightmare has taught us anything, it's that hygiene and discreet distancing makes for a healthier workforce. 

General_Failure

And if history has taught us anything, it's that our children(your children) will grow up to teach their children to swim in pig shtein.

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1263836535041994753

Congratulations to Brazil on the hard fought race to overtake the US. You can get there guys, just keep doing what you're doing.

Diomedes

I was recently stupifed to learn that Brazil is 90% the size of the U.S.   Including Alaska. 

The maps I've been seeing all my life make things look ...  different than things really are.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

They skew hard towards the northern hemisphere.

Diomedes

I tend to think the world didn't really exist until I did and won't after I go, and since I was born in CT, it's been rather nice to have maps that favor the Northern Hemisphere.

My tender ego is bruised by this revelation.  I prefer life before it happened.

Eagaholic

Yeah but don't forget we got Texas. That's supposed to be even more bigger than the US. and Brazil for sure.

Diomedes

CT is greater than TX

not larger, but greater

Rome

Chris Murphy is from CT.

Plus a chick I banged at Spring Break hailed from New Britain.

CT > TX

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Eagaholic on May 23, 2020, 07:58:11 AM
Yeah but don't forget we got Texas. That's supposed to be even more bigger than the US. and Brazil for sure.

Listen to the good ol boys here and they'll tell you "ain't no other countries. Just Texas. We don't need nobody else"