2011 Mets Season Thread

Started by ice grillin you, February 04, 2011, 01:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

A parent who's a Phillies fan would have told the kid to toughen up.  And then punched him in the eye socket.

QB Eagles

The kid goes on to embrace Jose Reyes as his new hero.

Maybe his dad should turn off the baseball and buy him some Barbies.

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's crazy to think how many potential umpires DON'T make the cut.

ice grillin you

david wright has raised his average 51 pts in the last seven games
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Mets lost Reyes (surprise!) and David Murphy to injury.

Murphy looks to be out for awhile.  Constanza slid hard into 2nd, and something in Muphy's leg gave.  It could be the knee, but it looked lower to me - maybe a broken leg?

Reyes, of course, is just a Hoyda.

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

That funhole Reyes pulled himself out of the game today after going 1-1 to preserve the batting title.

farging Hoyda

MDS

if the phillies sign him to replace jimmy then i dont know
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

That funhole wants like $18m a year. I hope they don't touch his fragile ass.

He's a bum.

Rome

Quote"I said, 'If I go 1-for-1, take me out of the game,'" Reyes said. "And I did that. If I went 0-for-1, maybe I'm still in the game until I get a hit. ... I wanted to stay in the game, but (Mets fans) have to understand, too, what's going on. They have to feel happy about it if I win the batting title. I do that for the team, for the fans too, because they've been supporting me all the way through. I've (had) throughout my career a lot of ups and downs here with a lot of injuries. One thing I do all the time is give 100 percent on the field."

Oh, by all means, let's get this guy on the Phillies.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah - a real go getter, that guy. I bet he has a text from Boras telling him to do it followed by a pic of an armored truck.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Would rather pay Jimmy Jose Reyes money at this point.

Sgt PSN

Lol @ Terry Collins crying during the post game presser.