Who to start / General Fantasy Football thread 2012

Started by Diomedes, August 18, 2012, 07:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

my master plan is to take Luck in the 3rd round or so and have a qb for the next 10 years

but if i didn't keep vick, everybody else in the league would have a qb with vick, ryan, peyton, rothelisburger, rivers all being available.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Tomahawk

meh all those qbs suck. i'd stick with the master plan of drafting Luck

SunMo

exactly, that's why i'm leaning towards not even keeping vick, those guys are all the same.  get a top back, draft another one, and get a qb later leaves me with a better team i think.

rjs246

Agreed. Although yo run the risk of some joker taking Luck early. Regardless, you if you drop Vick you have every chance to just draft him since only a jackass would use the first pick on him.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

that's my thought process too.

the only thing keeping me from 100% doing for that is i just traded for vick last season but i can't let that dictate my moves going forward

PoopyfaceMcGee

Side question... Out of every 1000 fantasy leagues, how many had a team with Kevin Ogletree on a roster last night? 5-6? And how many started him? Has to be fewer than 1, right?

Munson

Here's the team and the round we got them in...Passing TDs count for 6, 20 pass yards per point, .5 PPR, all WR spots are WR/TE flex, no true TE spot.

QB-Tom Brady (1)
RB-Jamaal Charles (2)
RB-Fred Jackson (3)
WR/T-Mike Walace (5)
WR/T-Jeremy Maclin (6)
WR/T-Vernon Davis (7)

K-Alex Henery (13)
D/ST-Jets (12)

Bench-Joe Flacco (10)
Bench-Doug Martin (4)
Bench-C.J. Spiller (9)
Bench-Robert Meachem (8)
Bench-Jon Baldwin (11)

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

oh shtein, i thought you were kidding. your team is terrible enough you should make a murder/suicide pact with your partner

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

SunMo

couldn't get anybody to trade me a rb they were dropping which seems silly.  i was offering a low pick but they were dropping them for nothing, so why not bite?  anyway, my team ends up being

QB - Vick, Luck, Freeman
RB (start 3) - T-Rich, Charles, S. Jackson, Hillis, Turbin, Helu
WR (start 3) - Green, Cruz, A. Brown, V. Jackson, Meachem, Young, Wright
TE - Graham, Cook

rjs246

That ends up not looking too bad, actually. The RBs mix youth (Richardson, Helu), upside (Charles, Helu) and solid boringness (Jackson). You got Luck and your WRs have a good mix as well. Your TEs suck donkey balls but you can't have it all.

Just realized that that's Jimmy Graham. So, yeah, your TEs don't suck. Well done.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

ice grillin you

start/sit

im farged no matter who i go with but looking for some opinions on which ONE of these youd choose

mjd @ minnesota
rashard jennings @ minnesota
helu @ new orleans
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Handicap Jennings is getting the start from me this week.

Let them eat bootstraps.