the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

$8 Billion...not that it changes your point in any way.

General_Failure

Mistyping the thing I was just thinking has become a serious problem for me over the last year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Heard scratching in my wall this morning around 5am, look under my kitchen sink and see mouse droppings. Ran to acme to get traps and peanut butter. Just heard a click and the little fargers dead. Leaving the two I put out overnight in case there's more.

SD

#2 got caught by the trap but got out but was paralyzed, smashed it with a hammer to end its suffering

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 28, 2020, 07:46:50 PM
Damn son!

Counts up to 6...gonna check them again in about 30 minutes then go to bed. Pretty sure there'll be more. Not sure how I haven't noticed these before, I don't look under my kitchen sink a lot but I regularly clean my house. I've had mice at a different house so I'm familiar with their droppings and signs.

Diomedes

You probably didn't have them until recently then. They move inside when it gets cold.
Good work with the traps.  Haven't had them in my current house but have killed many.  The Baltimore mice seem to avoid a trap that's killed before.  I rarely get a second one on the same trap.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on October 28, 2020, 09:59:42 PM
You probably didn't have them until recently then. They move inside when it gets cold.
Good work with the traps.  Haven't had them in my current house but have killed many.  The Baltimore mice seem to avoid a trap that's killed before.  I rarely get a second one on the same trap.

Tomcat traps...wasn't sure of their effectiveness because the snap clamp isn't hard but they do the trick. Nothing this morning. Scratching in walls is gone but it's raining so that might mask the sounds. Gonna give it until Saturday.

Zanshin

Quote from: AO1 on October 29, 2020, 05:38:40 AM
Scratching in walls is gone but it's raining so that might mask the sounds. Gonna give it until Saturday.

Well, sure. The rest of them looked around and said, "That dude REALLY doesn't like that scratching sound. Shhhh."

SD

One more this morning. Used foam sealant to cover the hole. Left traps out to be safe.  Talked to neighbors, they both have/had them stemming back from summer. My neighbor two doors down has 3 cats so they take care of the problem

General_Failure

https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand/status/1323303942537826304 Hell. We live in Hell.

Hey, when do networks start putting this directly on their various streaming services?

PhillyPhreak54

Never. They're going to hold onto this for dear life like Comcast did with their Philly channel to force people to have some sort of cable bill.

General_Failure

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous