3rd & 50!

Started by TexasEagle, August 14, 2005, 12:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasEagle

I'm watching the Cowboys Preseason game (yes I'm THAT bored tonight), and they just got to 3rd & 50. After being on the Cardinal's 15 they went backwards past midfield.

In other news, Bledsoe's still a statue (got sacked twice) and their O sucked. They barely moved the ball. Granted it's only the first game of preseason, but I can see JJ feasting on the Dallas O like mad this season.

MURP

what events led to 3rd and 50?

General_Failure

I'm guessing a penalty or wo.

The man. The myth. The legend.

TexasEagle

More like 5. I think it was hold, hold, false start, false start, hold & another false start or something close to that. They didn't get any yards on 3rd down either so they punted on 4th.

Dallas' punter (Matt McBriar) was booming kicks all night. I don't think he had a single one that went for under 50 yards.

Sgt PSN

Who was it the Eagles were playing that had 1st and goal and ended up backing themselves all the way to the 35+ yard line due to penalties and such?  I wanna say it was the Skins but I'm not positive. 

CSD

Quote from: SSgt PSN on August 14, 2005, 05:31:35 AM
Who was it the Eagles were playing that had 1st and goal and ended up backing themselves all the way to the 35+ yard line due to penalties and such?  I wanna say it was the Skins but I'm not positive. 

You're right, it was the Skins.

Sgt PSN

Thanks for confirming that CSD.  I knew it was one of our division rivals but it's really hard to separate the zesty play of one team from another.  The Giants, Skins and Cowboys are all turds of a different color but when you put them all next to each other the same familiar poo stench tends to stick with you a lot more than the colors on their jersey. 

thrillhouse

Quote from: TexasEagle on August 14, 2005, 01:41:45 AM

Dallas' punter (Matt McBriar) was booming kicks all night. I don't think he had a single one that went for under 50 yards.

Well thats good for them because he is going to get plenty of chances to punt with Dallas's offense.