farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Yes.  You never see them on tv though because none of the cameras are equiped with wide angle lenses to allow you to see 10 yards behind opposing recievers. 

phillymic2000

:-D thats the reason!!! I will be at a local establishment tonight, so maybe I'll catch them on the wide screen

SD_Eagle5

I'd like to see him get Haynesworth'd next week.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteOWENS UPSET WITH ROSENHAUS?

There's talk in league circles that Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens is not happy with agent Drew Rosenhaus, due to the decision of Rosenhaus to assume a low profile during last week's bizarre events involving an accidental drug overdose, a bona fide suicide attempt, or something in between.

The usually loquacious Rosenhaus, who took the time last week to offer up some favorable sound bites regarding Eagles defensive end Jevon Kearse's knee surgery, has made like Claude Rains regarding the Owens situation.

As we surmised last week, Drew likely has kept out of the spotlight because he suspects that nothing good could come out of attaching his voice and/or likeness to incidents like the train wreck that unfolded last week when T.O. came off as curiously chipper despite erroneous, worldwide news reports that he'd tried to kill himself the night before -- and when Owens' publicist came off as an illiterate moron who thinks that money is the secret to human happiness.

Most league insiders and observers agree that Kim Etheredge's ill-advised "25 million reasons why he should be alive" line wasn't something that she came up with on the spot.  Some think that Etheredge might have picked up that talking point from discussions with Drew, since reference by him to the "25 million reasons" would have been a not-so-subtle pat on the back for the contract that he was able to finagle despite the fact that no other team was genuinely interested in Owens, and that the Cowboys were essentially bidding only against themselves.

Though we haven't heard that Owens intends to part ways with Rosenhaus, such a move wouldn't surprise us.  Owens abruptly dumped his personal trainer last week after the trainer disclosed to the media that Owens' fiancee' recently broke up with him, and Owens thereafter bemoaned to SI.com the fact that his former fiancee' hadn't reached out to him during his accident/suicide attempt/accidental suicide attempt.

So it's hardly a reach for Owens to be miffed that Rosenhaus has offered him no public support, especially in light of Drew's past efforts to blow the horn for T.O. and other clients.  But if Owens would make a change, the new guy wouldn't get paid a dime under T.O.'s current contract; those fees go exclusively to Rosenhaus. 

Unless and until Owens is back on the free-agent market.  And that could come by March, if not earlier.

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 03, 2006, 03:23:19 PM
QuoteOWENS UPSET WITH ROSENHAUS?

There's talk in league circles that Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens is not happy with agent Drew Rosenhaus, due to the decision of Rosenhaus to assume a low profile during last week's bizarre events involving an accidental drug overdose, a bona fide suicide attempt, or something in between.

The usually loquacious Rosenhaus, who took the time last week to offer up some favorable sound bites regarding Eagles defensive end Jevon Kearse's knee surgery, has made like Claude Rains regarding the Owens situation.

As we surmised last week, Drew likely has kept out of the spotlight because he suspects that nothing good could come out of attaching his voice and/or likeness to incidents like the train wreck that unfolded last week when T.O. came off as curiously chipper despite erroneous, worldwide news reports that he'd tried to kill himself the night before -- and when Owens' publicist came off as an illiterate moron who thinks that money is the secret to human happiness.

Most league insiders and observers agree that Kim Etheredge's ill-advised "25 million reasons why he should be alive" line wasn't something that she came up with on the spot.  Some think that Etheredge might have picked up that talking point from discussions with Drew, since reference by him to the "25 million reasons" would have been a not-so-subtle pat on the back for the contract that he was able to finagle despite the fact that no other team was genuinely interested in Owens, and that the Cowboys were essentially bidding only against themselves.

Though we haven't heard that Owens intends to part ways with Rosenhaus, such a move wouldn't surprise us.  Owens abruptly dumped his personal trainer last week after the trainer disclosed to the media that Owens' fiancee' recently broke up with him, and Owens thereafter bemoaned to SI.com the fact that his former fiancee' hadn't reached out to him during his accident/suicide attempt/accidental suicide attempt.

So it's hardly a reach for Owens to be miffed that Rosenhaus has offered him no public support, especially in light of Drew's past efforts to blow the horn for T.O. and other clients.  But if Owens would make a change, the new guy wouldn't get paid a dime under T.O.'s current contract; those fees go exclusively to Rosenhaus. 

Unless and until Owens is back on the free-agent market.  And that could come by March, if not earlier.

farging classic.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2006, 09:22:33 AM
theres a dallas writer on wip reporting that parcells didnt want TO on the 53 man roster coming out of training camp...but was overridden by jj

That makes sense, because it was a similar situation when he was first signed.

ice grillin you

my bad....it actually was florio
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

And the farger hadn't practiced, had drawn a fine for some reason or another, etc.  Parcells wouldn't take that shtein from anyone else (if you believe that), so he prolly wanted to be rid of TO.

can't blame him, even if he is a lying hypocrite.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

POSTED 8:28 a.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 9:15 a.m. EDT, October 5, 2006

TUNA WANTED TO CUT T.O.

It's no secret in league circles that Cowboys coach Bill Parcells didn't want receiver Terrell Owens on his team.  Like some of the other moves that have occurred since Parcells became the head coach in Dallas, the acquisition of T.O. occurred without regard to the Tuna's input.

We're now hearing that Parcells actually wanted to include Owens in the final cuts made on September 2, as the 53-man roster was being finalized.

The move would have avoided $5 million in salary owed to Owens for the 2006 season.  And it would have made sense at the time, in light of Owens' chronic preseason hamstring issues that now seem like distant memories in the wake of more recent events.

The move also would have saved the team from the fiasco that unfolded last week regarding T.O.'s accidentally intentional drug overdose.  And it almost certainly means that at least one of the two will be gone from the organization before next season.

If Owens creates any further distractions, we wouldn't be surprised by an in-season he-goes-or-I-go ultimatum from Parcells to Jones.  At some point, Parcells' image and legacy will be tarnished by continuing to put up with the nonsense -- and at some point his legend will forever be cemented if he stands up and says, "I signed on to be the coach of this team, not the guy who carries the shovel behind the elephant."

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

TRUCK RATHMAN

QuoteOwens' fiancee' recently broke up with him

:-D

MDS

What took her so long to get the message that he's a piece of shtein?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.